Would these make good kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only concern would be the ceramic. I would think that if you were going to go electric, they would be fine as there wouldn't be any direct heat.

Just like a "canning pot" if that ceramic lining chips/cracks then you have iron leeching in to your beer from the exposed steel. I wouldn't use them on the wet side of my brewery, JMO.

For 30 bucks you'd be crazy not to get one. I live up in MA and I'm tempted to drive down and pick one up

I might grab a couple to try out. Ideally I want to move to an e-Herms setup. 55gallons is overkill for now but at least I'd have room to expand.

i doubt they are stainless, as they would be worth $30 in scrap metal if that was the case. im in the market for something like this, but am looking for stainless only. i would never use any plastic lined container for anything hot (dont listen to that guy, its not ceramic anything, its plastic, probably PET). would make a decent fermentor or grain storage though.

Back