Would love to duplicate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kencar

Reaction score
My dear wife loves to pick up off the wall beers for me. She last weekend bought a bottle of a Peach brew that was unbelieveable. I would consider it more of a desert beer than anything else but I would love to duplicate it.

Anyone attempt it with success? The beer is called Lindemans Pêche Lambic: Wild Belgian peach beer

You can see a bottle of it at this link: Drink and a smoke - The Daily of the University of Washington

Austins or anyone have a kit for it?

Thanks,
Ken...

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i bet that beer is about as hard to make as you could possibly get

lindemans lambics are wild beers that use a huge variety of microbes for fermenting- you can get them as lambic blend or sour blend from wyeast or white labs

after the lambic ferments for a year, it is blended with other vintages of lambic and then allowed to ferment on the fruit

a really good fruit lambic is a project several years in the making (but totally worth it- ive been meaning to start making a yearly lambic for blending)

I guess that would explain the $6 a bottle price then! Was a wonderful departure though. I look forward to others pitching in their 2 cents on the topic. I looked through Austin's list and didn't see anything, so your explatantion makes perfect sense.

Yeah i guess what I would do is make a test batch to try and get the hops/malt/ peach profiles somewhat figured out and then make your batch that is fermented with wild yeast and aged for some time. They mention oak barrels so some oak chips would be handy.

6 bucks a bottle? that aint o bad, my local grocery has chimay red for 12 a bottle :/

Latest posts

Back