Would anyone be interested in buying rhizomes from me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
Not this year, but next year I should be able to harvest enough rhizomes to sell. I would have Cascades, EKGs, and a couple other flavor/aroma hops. I'll charge at least 30% less than Northern Brewer, plus shipping. I'm just looking for a show of hands...

Brewing Clamper said:
Warning: Roll of Devil's Advocate played by me

So does that mean you're getting a Vendor account? :D :D

Yup, if I do sell them I will. I'm not going Lifetime on my renewal in case I need to switch to Vendor...

bigjohnmilford said:
I'd be interested in some cascade. So the relocation plans have changed?

No same plans still. The hops are grown at my in-laws house. I'd have to start over one season when we move, but it won't be this season. I can get rhizomes off first year plants anyway if I have to...

Soulive said:
No same plans still. The hops are grown at my in-laws house. I'd have to start over one season when we move, but it won't be this season. I can get rhizomes off first year plants anyway if I have to...

ok, good luck with finding the right spot. :mug:

Soulive;

Just be aware there are strict regulations about transporting agricultural products across state lines. For hops the states of Oregon and Washington would look unkindly on you shipping rhizomes there...

GT

That's OK, Got Trub?, we have so many frickin hops here we don't NEED his inferior East Coast hops! :D

With Oregon, it depends on the county as to shipping regulations. Washington as a state though, they are very VERY strict about incoming hop product due to possible infestation or disease. Freshops.com can't even ship there, and they're a frickin hop farm!

EvilTOJ said:
That's OK, Got Trub?, we have so many frickin hops here we don't NEED his inferior East Coast hops! :D

With Oregon, it depends on the county as to shipping regulations. Washington as a state though, they are very VERY strict about incoming hop product due to possible infestation or disease. Freshops.com can't even ship there, and they're a frickin hop farm!

LOL. Its true about WA, I live here but fortunately my LHBS gets them in every spring. Got some Hallertau and Tettnang ordered for this year. Do you feel a little smug about the fact that hops grow like weeds here? :ban:

GT

Back