Wort is up with my wort? (pumpkin ale)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin good everyone!! i'm thinking about bottling mine tonight. i would do it tomorrow night, but i gotta date with the woods to see if i can get a buck that's been all around my tree stand, that is whenever i'm not around, ol

So my pumpkin ale has been kegged for a bit now and I have been screwing around with the carbonation levels (I over carbed). I would like to do a little swap too but first I need to build myself a beer gun. Money is tight right now and I am getting wrapped up with possibly lossing my job and finding a new one so I will try to get to the beer gun ASAP.

But yeah it's pretty darn good.

Good luck with the new job finding...and congratulations on the beer :) I can wait if I MUST !

ok so I am now unemployed but that is neither here nor there. I tried my pumpkin ale last night for the first time in a long time. It has just been sitting in the keg under pressure. It still tasted pretty good but then I got an after taste of copper or pennies! I don't know what the hell is up with it but have you guys ever heard anything about this? I might start a new thread but I figured I would put it out here first.

edit: it did not have this taste any of the other times I tried it and none of my beers have had this issue.

golfguy

next time you try to pick up broken glass use a couple of slices of bread

you wont cut yerself

from hints from heloise

golfguy

next time you try to pick up broken glass use a couple of slices of bread

you wont cut yerself

from hints from heloise

thanks for the advice....i do not plan on picking up anymore broken glass though ;)

i pulled out a bottle last week and decided to give it a shot (17 days after bottling). i was severly disappointed. it had not carbination at all. then i realized that my closet was at 62 degrees, way too cold for the carbing process. so i simply moved my boxes into the room where the furnace is and less than a week later, its fully carbed and tastes great!

less than a week later, its fully carbed and tastes great!

Thanks great

I tried my pumpkin ale again and it didn't seem to have that metallic aftertaste so much anymore. I also had someone else try it and tell me if there was anything strange about it and they said it tasted good. I am thinking that maybe there was something in the glass that I was using or something like that. Or maybe I was pulling some sediment from the bottom of the keg... who knows.

Thanks great

I tried my pumpkin ale again and it didn't seem to have that metallic aftertaste so much anymore. I also had someone else try it and tell me if there was anything strange about it and they said it tasted good. I am thinking that maybe there was something in the glass that I was using or something like that. Or maybe I was pulling some sediment from the bottom of the keg... who knows.
could be some sediment. i always watch for the sediment from the bottom of my bottle when i'm pouring and stop right before it comes out so i don't get that taste. i get most of the beer and it has one helluva kick!!! i'm drinking one right now (which is my third of the night) and i'm feeling pretty good :mug:

i did a taste test with 3 of my friends today, putting my pumpkin ale up against a michelob version they all liked. i poured both into a glass and without telling them which one was which, they all loved the color of mine and suprsingly (to them, not to me) all picked the flavor of mine over the michelob. therefore, i mark this beer a huge success!!!

Back