Worst fast food ideas resulting in horrible food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t stand In-and-Out’s fries. Double fried fries makes them tolerable.

Regular fried is like 25% undercooked and double fried is like 50% overcooked.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's just how they do it. Never been a fan of their batter.

The original Harlan Sanders cooked his chicken in the back of a gas station the old-fashioned way - in oil on a stovetop pan.
He had so much demand he switched over to a pressure cooker deep fryer. When he got bought out he sold the rights to everything but his image for a percentage of profits.
I'm pretty sure over the years the recipe and quality control has changed. Sanders got himself in hot water over the franchise cost-cutting and bad-mouthed the food quality when he was alive.
If it's chicken I want, it's not fried, but rotisserie-style from Costco. At one point I had a small cat who'd cry for a handful of the breast meat. She was a funny one and would refuse to eat a BJ's chicken because she could tell the difference.

Last edited:
At one point I had a small cat who'd cry for a handful of the breast meat. She was a funny one and would refuse to eat a BJ's chicken because she could tell the difference.

With the exception of their buffalo chicken pizza, I have to agree with your cat. My least desired menu item is their grilled chicken

Edit: worst menu item, Del Taco’s chili cheese fries. Although somehow they become amazing at 1am after you leave a party.

It’s not on the menu anymore, but Denny’s used to have a chili-cheese omelette.

In my 20s, that was my after-party snack.

What about Bloomin' Onions? IMO, a fizzy beer made the horseradish and deep-fried onion more tolerable.
Those were good eating during Happy Hour, but a couple hours later Jesse Owens would've come in a distant second in a race to the loo. *~:confused:

Impossible burger

Will NEVER touch one of those unless the choice was death by starvation.
I'm convinced this is a two-fold marketing attempt to warp customer perceptions about meat while trying to boost profit margins. Look at the P&G fiasco - a US $8 billion loss to their bottom line with the "woke" shaving ads. That was a real winner.
Now I'm seeing "organic" beer. What's next? /sarc off

Last edited:
Years ago Burger King used to offer their chicken sandwich on Thursdays for just $1. Too many times I ordered it and got something that had been sitting under the warmer for too long so I started ordering it "plus tomato" - that way they had to make it fresh!

In case anyone was wondering, this is what a plant-based patty really looks like:

F05A6EE6-1EBB-4A05-96DC-456891A5A4B4.jpeg

Will NEVER touch one of those unless the choice was death by starvation.
I'm convinced this is a two-fold marketing attempt to warp customer perceptions about meat while trying to boost profit margins. Look at the P&G fiasco - a US $8 billion loss to their bottom line with the "woke" shaving ads. That was a real winner.
Now I'm seeing "organic" beer. What's next? /sarc off

You don’t have to be convinced. Don’t remeber if its Impossible or the other company thats fighting for a spot in the meat section. I’m one of those weirdos that thinks if you need a lab to make it, its probably not something I should be eating.

Happy for those that decided eating meat isnt their thing and have good substitute. Bummed its at Boogerking

Not sure why anyone would take offense to a food outlet adding anything to their menu, it's not like BK dropped their flagship products in favor of Impossible Burgers.

They run a business to make a profit and fads are a big part of fast food marketing. Shoot, every time a big movie comes out they instantly glom onto it any way they can. This is just the meatless version of the latest Star Wars movie...

What about Bloomin' Onions? IMO, a fizzy beer made the horseradish and deep-fried onion more tolerable.
Those were good eating during Happy Hour, but a couple hours later Jesse Owens would've come in a distant second in a race to the loo. *~:confused:
My only problem with a blooming onion is the calorie count. Deep fried, they usually top 2000. I’ll have to try air frying one. Air fried, the calorie count is 300 - 400.

You don’t have to be convinced. Don’t remeber if its Impossible or the other company thats fighting for a spot in the meat section. I’m one of those weirdos that thinks if you need a lab to make it, its probably not something I should be eating.

Happy for those that decided eating meat isnt their thing and have good substitute. Bummed its at Boogerking

Beyond/Impossible vegan meat substitutes are different from laboratory cultured meat. Cultured meat is animal muscle tissue grown using stem cells, protein growth medium, and an edible scaffold. Right now they can’t do much more than hamburger meat. Give it another decade and it’s also going to be vying for market share.

Not sure why anyone would take offense to a food outlet adding anything to their menu, it's not like BK dropped their flagship products in favor of Impossible Burgers.

They run a business to make a profit and fads are a big part of fast food marketing. Shoot, every time a big movie comes out they instantly glom onto it any way they can. This is just the meatless version of the latest Star Wars movie...
Not offended, just don’t care for BK. If I’m out with a buddy that wants to have a meatless burger I’d prefer it not be BK.

Beyond/Impossible vegan meat substitutes are different from laboratory cultured meat. Cultured meat is animal muscle tissue grown using stem cells, protein growth medium, and an edible scaffold. Right now they can’t do much more than hamburger meat. Give it another decade and it’s also going to be vying for market share.

Fully aware of the difference, however your not going to make Beyond Meat or Impossible Burger without highly processed ingredients. Here’s whats in Beyond Burger
Code:
 Water, Pea Protein Isolate*, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter, Mung Bean Protein, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sunflower Lecithin, Pomegranate Fruit Powder, Beet Juice Extract (for color)

Plus I just can’t stand food that pretends to be other food. I’m lookin at you cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles

Thats odd, we used to go to the Chipotle in Joliet when we lived there and it was always busy, food always hot and fresh because they sold it so fast ,in fact we had to wait a few times because theyd run out of something. Never a bad meal.
I'm boycotting Chipotle since they have had several instances, multiple locations of customer food poisoning from bad veges. I can't imagine a food business that can't get a handle on bad produce. The upper management must not give two flips about their customers.

Most of these are from last August... They're have several repeats from what I remember.

https://iwaspoisoned.com/tag/chipotle-mexican-grill

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/31/chipotles-new-management-still-has-the-old-problem-food-safety.html

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22667902/chipotles-food-poisoning-outbreak-ohio/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...-fast-food-chain-hit-with-second-lawsuit.html

Taco bell fiery Doritos locos tacos. For when you want to punish yourself twice.

A Bloomin' Onion is about the only thing worth eating at Outback. Maybe their bread, too.

But if I served a steak of the quality they regularly serve to a guest at my own home, I'd commit seppuku from the dishonor I brought upon my name.

I'm boycotting Chipotle since they have had several instances, multiple locations of customer food poisoning from bad veges. I can't imagine a food business that can't get a handle on bad produce. The upper management must not give two flips about their customers.

Most of these are from last August... They're have several repeats from what I remember.

https://iwaspoisoned.com/tag/chipotle-mexican-grill

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/31/chipotles-new-management-still-has-the-old-problem-food-safety.html

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22667902/chipotles-food-poisoning-outbreak-ohio/

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...-fast-food-chain-hit-with-second-lawsuit.html

Unfortunately it was not just the fault of the restaraunt for not washing the produce properly before serving but also the farmer for using uncomposted waste in his fields and the packaging company for not properly washing it before packaging. Don't forget the failure of the FDA for lack of proper inspections and testing. It was a series of failures from beginning to end.

In other fast food news...

That was funny. Yeah, I'll have mine with with toe meat and can you hold the toe nail, and definitly no d!(k meat please. Thank you.

Now you all know this will become some conspiracy theory about DQ that our kids/grandkids will tell each other 20 years from now.

so many things make us skeevy if in our "food".
I recall an ep of Seinfeld, "we smell it, we kiss it, we run our fingers through it and put our faces in it, but 1 strand of hair in the oj and we freak out"

Live frog though, yeah, i have to go with "ewwwww"

so many things make us skeevy if in our "food".
I recall an ep of Seinfeld, "we smell it, we kiss it, we run our fingers through it and put our faces in it, but 1 strand of hair in the oj and we freak out"

Live frog though, yeah, i have to go with "ewwwww"
Oh, so you prefer your salad frogs dead. Okay.

Latest posts

Back