Worst beer I've ever had...

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
DoctorDuvel

DoctorDuvel

Reaction score
i don't think i knew Leine is Miller-owned when i posted this thread, but it makes sense that Miller would be interested :D

btw, i've had Leine's amber lager and thought it wasn't bad at all

Kosch

Reaction score
Landshark Lager.. I have friends that like it, but I can't even finish a bottle. I find a Kokanee or Molson Canadian 100x more enjoyable. Maybe it's just me...

Jacob_Marley

Reaction score
Olympia Gold.
Long ago .... only put the bottle to my lips because I was young and impressionable.
I think my comment was to "put it *back* in the horse".
I've had Top Hat, Buckhorn, Falstaff, Farmer Jack's NoBrand (the one with the red circle with a red slash thru it) ... but Olympia Gold was the worst.
I liked goddamned Heileman's Zing more than OG. Good thing they retired it.

Barbarossa

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Worst so far: my own batch # 1. And batch # 3. Number 2 made bottle bombs so it couldn't really make that list since I dumped it.

Beenym88

Reaction score
Evil twin brewing made a watermelon beer that tastes exactly like pickle juice. And magnify brewing just made a beer called egg hunt that was sour with vanilla ice cream both were 🤮. However they both make very good off the wall flavored beers these ones just didn’t work out for me.

Softailrider

Reaction score
Rogue Brewing’s Maple Bacon Ale. It smelled delicious, but tasted like I was drinking from an ash tray.

Dland

Reaction score
Some kids dropped most of a 30 pack in my drive, I think before a traffic stop they were anticipating... it was coors light or ice, forget which. My notions that I'd scored some free beer were gone as soon as I tasted my first can, and I chilled it first too.

Coookies58

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Rogue Brewing’s Maple Bacon Ale. It smelled delicious, but tasted like I was drinking from an ash tray.
100% agree. Reminded me of Liquid Smoke. Paid $15 for it and did not think twice before dumping that garbage down the sink. Might be the worst thing I’ve ever put in my mouth.