Words that should never be in a beer's name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a teen, (back in the Dark Ages) one of my wierder friends carried around a small bottle that he insisted contained "Orangutang Tail Sweat". He was of course totally insensitive to the fact that Orangutans don't have tails.

I brewed a Pilsner earlier this year I called "Mermaid Titties"

one of my more creative labels....

I do agree on the Drool and Slobber though. those don't really sound appetizing.

Apparently we're just used to Moose Drool here in Montana; though if you called a brew something like "Dick Drool," I'm not touching it, and most certainly NOT drinking it! :cross:

Dew

Also, if it is being brewed somewhere that is not Germany, by non-Germans, from a recipe that is not German in origin (or insert country here) then putting "bier" on the lable is just pretentious. You're from Scotsdale Arizona, bro, its spelled "beer" there.

Years ago I brewed a big ridiculous Kitchen sink porter. This beer had everything and wasn't horrible.

I named it "Yeast Infection"

Just had this discussion with Brewer Assistant yesterday, I do not have any good ideas but I do not like any thing that refers to drunkeness, Maybe because of lot of Drunken acquaintenances i alreadyhave rep and do not want connotation of beer equates with drunkard
We've talked in the lousy labels thread about terrible labels that send the wrong message about a beer. I think as a field dominated by men, there is a fair bit of crudeness in beer naming, or inside-joke kinds of names that just seem dumb to anyone that would be buying the product. So what words should never be used in a beer's name?

Here's a few I've been thinking of:

Slobber
Knocker
Dog
"PG" Swear words like ass, *****, etc.
Drool
Hair

Anyone else?

fake
slimy
tainted
infected