Woo-hoo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John8251

Reaction score
I just had to say this...first time doing an all grain brew and (if i did it right on beer smith, which it seemed to be all right inputs) i came out with a 79% efficiency! HA! I told everybody all that time i spent on HBT was time well spent! :rockin: thanks to everybody thats put so much time into helping beginners like me on this forum.

Thats awesome efficiency for a first all grain batch. I remember my first batch was more around the 55% mark and the beer wasn't the best.

Now I am getting around 80% and producing great beer. Keep going with it and it will become easier, faster and you will produce much better beer.

Thanks guys. I feel like I'm really starting to get the hang of this stuff. My first few batches I defintely hit some rough spots, but Saturday decided to go ahead with a lower gravity all grain and it went off as smooth as I could imagine it going at this point. It definitely helps that I got my next door into brewing and finally have a brew partner that actually reads about it and studies up on it. Prior to then my SWMBO was my partner but I don't think she's read any material on it, so anything past an extract batch she doesn't know very much about except for what I can tell her before she zones out..lol..But I'm definitely hooked for the long haul..now to start slowly upgrading my system a little bit at a time...

Back