Wonder Woman 1984

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Save 2 hours and about 38 minutes of your life and skip this terrible movie. I was curious to see as Landmark Mall (in Alexandria, VA) in the movie as the mall was a vibrant mall until about 15? years ago.

Movie dragged... something... terrible... agony... is... it... over...

IMO, Kristen Wiig was miscast as a villain.

Also, sorry, but Kristen Wiig just sounded to me, and everyone else watching, "Wonder Woman 1984", like her SNL character "Penelope".

However, I could easily watch Gil Gadot all day.

(if you're not from or living in the DC area you probably wouldn't get it. Ex: scene in a modern metro station with modern trains with signs for a line that only started opening in the last couple years and isn't even fully finished and fully open to the public yet)

(But mainly 80s DC was a dangerous gritty place, so I'm told as I moved here 2006, what was in the movie is the modern, gentrified, rich white people from the burbs feel safe walking with their kids cause all the poor working class and BIPOC people have been priced out of the area, soulless abyss)

(Also I used to live walking distance from Landmark Mall while it was dying but still open, laughed at the stores the movie kept)

(But also it's just a bad movie)

B8A471FC-9B41-47B3-A96F-B1157680C74C.jpeg

I enjoyed it and I'll probably watch it again. I find if I don't pull strings, nothing unravels.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back