WLP644 recommend a fermentation temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danicomix

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am an Italian homebrewer ..
I would like to make a wild ale:

- OG 1057
- FG 1007
- IBU 27
- BU / GU 0.48 RBR 0.43
- Volume: 23lt.

GRIST
- 77% pilser
- 15% wheat
- 8% rye

HOPS
- 18gr. Amarillo 60 min
- 12gr. Amarillo 20 min
- 16gr. Amarillo 5 min.

MASH
- 52°C x 10 min
- 66°C x 60 min
- 78°C x 10 min

Can you recommend a fermentation temperature? I was thinking of starting at 75 / 76F (24 ° C) and then letting it rise freely!
What do you think?
do you have any advice?
thank you so much!
Daniele

I really enjoy imperial version of that yeast a20 citrus however it will not make anything resembling a wild beer unless you pitch another culture with it. With that said I’ve fermented as high at 85. You’ll get noticeable orange leaning citrus character in it.

Last edited:
I really enjoy imperial version of that yeast a20 citrus however it will not make anything resembling a wild yeast unless you pitch another culture with it. With that said I’ve fermented as high at 85. You’ll get noticeable orange leaning citrus character in it.

ok!!! thanks a lot! what do you think about combo with amarillo?

You might be looking for WLP648 the original brett trois vrai. It will give you a more "wild" brett character than WLP644 sacc trois which as other have stated is great for NEIPAs and such.

I got these mixed up last year and brewed w/ WLP644 when I was thinking I was brewing w/ brett. I, personally, love the character from WLP648.

Trois v. Trois

27-28C constant has worked for me in the past. Nice big pineapple, mango and citrus flavours.
only issue is even at an elevated temp it takes a long time to finish. two weeks just sitting there fermenting the last couple of gravity points

really enjoy imperial version of that yeast a20 citrus however it will not make anything resembling a wild beer unless you pitch another culture with it. With that said I’ve fermented as hig
27-28C constant has worked for me in the past. Nice big pineapple, mango and citrus flavours.
only issue is even at an elevated temp it takes a long time to finish. two weeks just sitting there fermenting the last couple of gravity points

thanks!!!!
I've read a lot of posts and I think start at 75 / 76F (24 ° C) and then letting it rise freely until 27/28°C for pineapple, mango and citrus flavours according to Amarillo Hops!!!!

Back