WLP067 Coastal Haze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spin711

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Figured there should be a place to discuss this yeast as we brew more with it. I just received mine today and plan to brew with it next week.

Cheers

IMG_1564.jpg

I'm really interested in this yeast after reading about it. I found a hazy IPA recipe and am wondering if I should substitute the us-05 for this instead

Interested to hear how this performs. Particularly interested in similarities to Imperial Dry Hop - mixture of Conan and Brux Trois. Interested to see how far it ferments out the beer too, as the Brux Trois has the STA1 gene. I used the Dry Hop, but I may have crashed it before it was done fermenting, as it didn't really super-attenuate. I have noticed that it left a super hazy beer that seemed to stay delicious for over a month. I also used 40% flaked wheat and 10 oz of dry hops in 4.5G though, so that could be part of the haze and long-lasting delicious flavor.

I just brewed with this, I’d like to hear your experience before I share mine. I haven’t brewed in several years (so I think I may have messed things up) but mostly good feeling from this strain.

Sorry for the delay in following up! I didn’t have a chance to brew this until today. Doing a NEIPA at 1.060 OG and plan to ferment it at 68*F. I will post results when done. Cheers

Brewed a session IPA (5.25%) with it, fermented at 68 and slowly pushed it up.

It's not bad, I have one more left that I want to try using with a bigger beer to get the full picture.

Sorry for the delay in following up! I didn’t have a chance to brew this until today. Doing a NEIPA at 1.060 OG and plan to ferment it at 68*F. I will post results when done. Cheers

Did you notice that this yeast does not develop a whole lot of krausen? 2nd time using it now, the first time had barely any at all throughout fermentation. I just pitched the 2nd batch Thursday and it’s fermenting finely but not much krausen at all. Just curious if it’s me or the yeast

Did you notice that this yeast does not develop a whole lot of krausen? 2nd time using it now, the first time had barely any at all throughout fermentation. I just pitched the 2nd batch Thursday and it’s fermenting finely but not much krausen at all. Just curious if it’s me or the yeast

I have a 2 L yeast starter going right now and I was thinking the same thing, probably 30 hours in and very little krausen despite clear signs of fermentation. Last time I made a 2 L yeast starter in a 2 L flask, I had krausen up to the stopper, hoping it's this yeast strain.

I'm not sure what the difference was but yeah almost no krausen in the starter so I didn't use fermcap in the fermenter. Morning of day 3 after pitch, had a blow out. Tons more foam in the fermenter than there was the starter.

Back