WitBier- Secondary fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold71

Reaction score
Ok so I'm about to start my second kit here in a few weeks. I love Blue Moon so I figured why not go for a WitBier kit. Every time I've had a Blue Moon though it's been what I was describe as fairly cloudy. Lighter in color but still hard to see through. So that got me thinking...should I actually do a secondary fermentation on this kit? I figure it's supposed to be fairly cloudy, so would there be any point in doing this? What do you guys think?

IMO transferring a beer to secondary should only been done in cases where you are adding fruit and possibly dry hopping. Transferring beer to another vessel opens up the possibility of oxidation and/or infection so it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

I'm all for secondary, but basically just to free up my fermentors for the next brew(s).

Side note: My Brewer's Best Witbier was my wife's favorite until I made the Kolsch.

Latest posts

Back