Wish me luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHebert

Reaction score
Brewing my first all-grain today. Chose a low gravity Blonde Ale, didn't want anything too complicated.

Good luck!

A couple of things I noticed helped me (these may not be how everyone does it). If my volumes were off but my gravity was fine I just let it ride. If my gravity was too high but my volume was right on, I just add more water and boil a few more minutes. If my gravity was low and volume was fine, I just add DME if it mattered that much to me. Most of the time I take what I get unless gravity is way off and leave it. I don't mind having 4 gallons over 5 and adjusting my process the next time. It takes more than one brew day to get everything dialed in, at least it has for me.

Have fun, relax, and in the end you're going to have beer. Don't forget Irish moss or the equivalent. ;)

Report back and tell us how you did.

Went well. After mashing, sparging, boiling and cooling, I put it in a ferm bucket. Hit the 5 gallon mark right on the nose. Forgot to take a gravity reading. I had a visitor from Brazil watch the process. We communicated with Google Translate. I explained everything as I went. It helped me to not forget anything. Some of the grain is in the oven drying, gonna make bread with it.

Latest posts

Back