Wings Win!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was the most irritating thing to have to sit through.

The Wings are one of my favorite teams to go see play, But I can't begin to tell you how irritating it is to watch the Coyotes endlessly try to set up the perfect shot on goal, pass pass pass pass, never a shot on goal, out in front with the puck, attempt a shot? NOOO just pass it over to... wait, damn it there was a Wing there AGAIN, now they run the puck down and score yet again.

It is sad to see the Wings play a solid game just like always, and the Coyotes chase the puck around like little kids playing tag.

At least Glendale has a nice stadium to go see Disney on ice! Good riddance Coyotes, you can go crack under pressure in Canada.

Maybe they were too tired from packing everything up for the move? Or do they just not care because they are leaving anyway?

There are certain time in a game where setting up a play makes great sense, such as during a power play sometimes, or always on the 5-3. But I agree, I've seen that happen with the Wings a bit this year. They take that next needless pass instead of shooting at a location that might give up a juicy rebound. They have often ended up shooting it right into the goalie, or his glove and no rebound.

I'm glad to see they are taking more shots now and getting some good rebounds. AND MAKING SMARTER PASSES OUT OF THEIR OWN END!

I predict that Phoenix will take the next game. I thought they'd take this one and lose game four, but now they're really going to push. Just hope it's not dirty. They get so pissed after a goal. I'm surprised their weren't MORE penalties against them.

I predict that Phoenix will take the next game. I thought they'd take this one and lose game four, but now they're really going to push. Just hope it's not dirty. They get so pissed after a goal. I'm surprised their weren't MORE penalties against them.

I thought Phoenix would take the third game also. Now I'm hoping for a sweep but I'm not overly optomistic. As for more penalties, i thought the same thing. It seemed that after every goal or even when they got the save but play was stopped some one was thorwing a cross check on a Wing.

Did you watch on the TV, or online??

Did you get that workinig?

I know you Wings fans' must be rooting for Anaheim to win! You guys don't want to face Rinne who is looking great right now:rockin:

I know you Wings fans' must be rooting for Anaheim to win! You guys don't want to face Rinne who is looking great right now:rockin:

Honestly I haven't paid too much attention to who's coming down the pipeline for the next series. It's sort of like how do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. The wings will take on whoever they have to.

I'm just glad the name Sidney Crosby hasn't been bandied about too much this season. Maybe they realize he's just another human player like the rest of them, and not God's (and Gary Betman's) gift to the NHL....

Honestly, I haven't even watched that series out there. I admit Rinne has done a terrific job against the Wings, but so has some other goalie I can't remember the name of... ;)

I took my work computer home and hooked up the SD output that normally goes into our bedroom. *After swapping the Sattelite receiver and stereo amp in their locations, which I've been wanting to do for a long time, but just hated the thought of re-running all those wires!)

Then I tuned the encoder to the right channel and started it up. I got video, but no audio on the network. Then I realized that I had the in and out backwards on the audio and swapped them and got sound. Then I routed a link from one of my external IPs to the local IP of the computer (which took a while because I could not remember the password to the router...) Then called a friend to hit that IP with Windows Media Player.

TADA!

Then I went to bed to watch the game. I forgot that I stole the Dish output from the bedroom, so I fired up my laptop and watched the first period streaming from that computer!

Thanks for the tips folks! I'm a displaced Red Wings fans and there is no hockey here which amazes me. How can WI not have a professional team? Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding a stream so I can actually watch a game. Its just no good listening to the red wings audio feed on nhl.com. Hell, its so bad I hardly even know what's going on this year... ::tear::

I'm just glad the name Sidney Crosby hasn't been bandied about too much this season. Maybe they realize he's just another human player like the rest of them, and not God's (and Gary Betman's) gift to the NHL....

+100 :mug:

Sid has been good for the game no matter who you are a fan of. Betteman has done a bad job as the commish, but I can't hate him too much. I wouldn't have a team to root for if he wasn't the commish. I grew-up watching the Kings play, Gretzky was traded to the Kings when I was a eighth grader. Having a couple stars always brings more fans to the game. You guys weren't bitching when they were all about Zetterberg.

It does help that he's only played 40 games this season. Trust me, if he was playing, we'd be force fed his name throughout the playoff's.

_

Thanks for the tips folks! I'm a displaced Red Wings fans and there is no hockey here which amazes me. How can WI not have a professional team? Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding a stream so I can actually watch a game. Its just no good listening to the red wings audio feed on nhl.com. Hell, its so bad I hardly even know what's going on this year... ::tear::

That sucks, hopefully the link I posted will help. Maybe Phoenix should be moved there instead of Canada.

Chemkrafty said:

You can try revvy's link to watch games. There's also rojadirecta.es where you can pretty much watch any sporting event. Quality is not HD, but you get what you pay for.

Not a wings fan, but at least you guys aren't agonizing like me every game. Sharks have a way of barely pulling it off or not showing up at all.

Another late night game dabnabbit. I tried staying up for the Tiger's game, but gave up pretty late. I wish I had just passed that one totally by.

Anyone thing it's gonna be a sweep?

400px-broom_iconsvg.png

They were talking about that on 97-1 this morning.

I fully expect Phoenix to play well tonight. If they don't play well they'll play dirty.

Well, as our old friends Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels put it, the hockey gods are shining down on the Coyotes. A goal is a goal, so it looks like this could be a close game.

(end of first, 2-2)

Good game! Both teams played hard and clean as far as I could tell. I only stayed up for the first 2.

At least Phoenix will get plenty rested for next season. Well, that is unless they spend the offseason moving....

Isn't Helm a maniac? He just never stops and moves so quickly! He's fun to watch.

I really thought the Coyotes would win one, but I'm glad they didn't!

I told my wife that I thought Helm reminded me of Draper when we first saw him, due to his speed, but now I think he's much better. He has learned to control the puck and shoot a lot better.

I could never choose 1 player to put on a jersey, but I'm really leaning towards Helm right now. He is very fun to watch, and even if you didn't see his number, you can often tell it's him by the way he accelerates with the puck!

I hope this long break doesn't cool the Wings off too much! A few days to heal up and rest is just what they needed but this could be a week or more off!!

So am I the only one jonesing because there's no game tonight? At least there's a Tiger's game.

OOOH-My GF just got a call from her brother, but he got interrupted and said he'd call back, we're wondering if it was to offer us play off tickets for the Legend's club...or maybe tonight's game at Copark from the Champion's club....He's owns a bunch of Little Ceaser's here and out of state, and used to be a big wig for LC's for the Illitche's before deciding to start opening his own franchises.

Hey that's great Revvy. Hope you have a great time.

I only made it to one pro sports game this year, but it was a good one. Wings @ Wild, Feb 20th, Wings won in shoot out.

ForumRunner_20110423_101434.jpg

While there isn't any Wings action at the moment, there's certainly some good game 7 action to be seen. This time of year is a great time to be a hockey fan!

TB

Yeah, except for us with city cable in our little town. We do have ESPN, but that's about it. I love that many games were on/are on NBC, but I have no way to watch CBC or Versus.

Yeah, except for us with city cable in our little town. We do have ESPN, but that's about it. I love that many games were on/are on NBC, but I have no way to watch CBC or Versus.

Good grief, it is 2011 you know.

_

Yoop, the invitation is always open for homebrew and hockey at the Tiber_Brew residence!

Not to mention the "other" method. I really need to see how the quality is outside of my own network... Worked ok from the family room to the bedroom! =8D

Hopefully we wont' have to stay up until the wee hours for half of the next round!

Back