Wings Win!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
Just opened a bottle of 2006 Schlafly Imperial Stout to celebrate the Red Wings getting off to a great start in the post season! This stuff has aged very well!!

While I agree hockey is not a desert sport I still feel sorry for anyone who loses their hockey Team. Saw it happen here in MN two years after I moved here. For that very reason I will always root against the Stars!! I'm celebrating the wings win with a home brew myself. Long way to go but it's a good start. :mug:

I actually agree.....but you can blame Gretzky and the LA Kings for desert hockey!

Yeah, and you know how much I love Gretzky.

And I pretend he loves me too:

DSCF5562.jpg

Must be nice to watch red wing hockey regularly. I still live in Michigan (just barely) but we don't get any Michigan channels or even FSD. Thankfully I get VS so I'll actually be able to catch some postseason games. But it makes me so mad that I live in this damn state and can't the channels!

Must be nice to watch red wing hockey regularly. I still live in Michigan (just barely) but we don't get any Michigan channels or even FSD. Thankfully I get VS so I'll actually be able to catch some postseason games. But it makes me so mad that I live in this damn state and can't the channels!

I thought you lived in South Bend, IN? :D

I thought you lived in South Bend, IN? :D

That's actually the closest city. All of the surrounding "towns" around me aren't even big enough to be called cities. They are villages, townships, or just incorporated areas. I'm only something like 10 miles outside of SB on the Michigan side, so it's just easier to say that than rattle off some stupid village of 500 people nobody has ever heard of.

We get FSD and VS on Dish Network. Seems like you could do something like that...

And wow, Lorena, I had no idea you were that close with The Great One!

Also, FYI - There is a special thread in the DRMM forum just for people to trash talk hockey. Feel free to pop in and give the Coyotes fans a little what for!

I'm going to Monday's Coyotes game, figure I need to get in my seat time while I can.

My brother-in-law is going also! I'll have two friends there. Of course, Scott is a Wings fan.......................

We don't get much on TV up here either, but I get some occasional hockey. Sunday's game was on NBC, and we get NBC on cable. We don't have any "fancy" cable stations available like ESPN2 or Vs. :drunk:

Thats like bragging that you beat up the retard next door.

At least I get to see the Wings play the Coyotes Monday, and when the yotes go, I guess I have to move to another state that still has a hockey team

I dunno the Coyotes can be a dangerous team on any given night. Can't overlook them, especially in the Playoffs!

Yes, the Coyotes are especially dangerous in the playoffs, considering all the playoff series' that they have won.......wait, what? :drunk:

Coyotes have never won a playoff series...

Yes, the Coyotes are especially dangerous in the playoffs, considering all the playoff series' that they have won.......wait, what? :drunk:

Coyotes have never won a playoff series...

Nah, but I'd be willing to bet they win Monday night. They'll be at home- Doan wants revenge, and they came close today. They're not going to just hand over the series- it'll be a good game Monday night.

For the record, every Yotes game I have been to that I miss the puck drop, and I'm sitting on the home net side for the first period, and Bryz is in the net they win. This has held true for 3 years. come monday I will be late to the game due to working that day, Im in the right section, and Bryz is in the net. If my streak is broken at least it is against perhaps the best team on ice for as many years as I can recall, I love both teams, one because they are my home team, and the other out of sheer respect for the skill and dicipline they bring to the game.

Here's to what will be an epic game, or at least a good excuse to drink some beers and scream at the refs!!! :mug:

We've made Nachos for both playoff games so far and the Wings have won both times. So I guess nachos are on the menu tonight. I should really try and figure out how to not eat so many though...

Why do they play so late?? I can't stuff myself with hockey food and drink a bunch of beer right before bed! (Well, ok, I CAN, but I pay for it later.)

My brother-in-law is going also! I'll have two friends there. Of course, Scott is a Wings fan.......................

We don't get much on TV up here either, but I get some occasional hockey. Sunday's game was on NBC, and we get NBC on cable. We don't have any "fancy" cable stations available like ESPN2 or Vs. :drunk:

Yoop you can always watch an online stream this site usually has the stream links to the games. http://www.atdhe.fm/index.php?option=com_lsh&view. Of course the streams being not so legal may get shut down, but the hosts will usually have multiple sites to select. But game 2 I got through the entire game on a stream.

They'll post the links before game time.

I don't get cable in Port Huron, and now that the over the air is HD, the towers are 70 miles away, so I don't even get that, so if I'm home I use that site for stream links to live sports.

It's idiotic actually, it's all about ad revenue, yet these stream sites are basically playing a live video stream from someone's set box, complete with the commercials. The networks and channels should just make streams available, it's no different in a sense than free over the air tv-just online, and charge additional advertising rates to the client. I'm watching ads, the networks don't like these because they're not making money off ads, then host it on their own websites and charge advertsiers for it. That simple.

More an more folks are streaming content to computers and phones anyway, instead of making it so darn difficult, they should jump on it, rather than shutting it down.

Yoop you can always watch an online stream this site usually has the stream links to the games. http://www.atdhe.fm/index.php?option=com_lsh&view. Of course the streams being not so legal may get shut down, but the hosts will usually have multiple sites to select. But game 2 I got through the entire game on a stream.

They'll post the links before game time.

I don't get cable in Port Huron, and now that the over the air is HD, the towers are 70 miles away, so I don't even get that, so if I'm home I use that site for stream links to live sports.

It's idiotic actually, it's all about ad revenue, yet these stream sites are basically playing a live video stream from someone's set box, complete with the commercials. The networks and channels should just make streams available, it's no different in a sense than free over the air tv-just online, and charge additional advertising rates to the client. I'm watching ads, the networks don't like these because they're not making money off ads, then host it on their own websites and charge advertsiers for it. That simple.

More an more folks are streaming content to computers and phones anyway, instead of making it so darn difficult, they should jump on it, rather than shutting it down.

Now I only have to find a way to stream my Dish Network for a few select people on here... Private, so it should be possible to keep it streaming for the whole game and the wings victory celebration...

Now I only have to find a way to stream my Dish Network for a few select people on here... Private, so it should be possible to keep it streaming for the whole game and the wings victory celebration...

If you can get it on your computer, you should be able to stream it on Justin.tv and set up your "channel" so it is private and only those you give the access code to can see it. If you make it public they will almost definitely take it down. Sometimes you'll see an NHL stream on there but not to often any more.
In it's early days that was my go to site for the Wings.
Now I've got HD cable and high speed Broadband with gamecenter, so I can see just about any and every game I want. The only ones I don't see are ones on the NHL network.

Homercidal said:
We've made Nachos for both playoff games so far and the Wings have won both times. So I guess nachos are on the menu tonight. I should really try and figure out how to not eat so many though...

Why do they play so late?? I can't stuff myself with hockey food and drink a bunch of beer right before bed! (Well, ok, I CAN, but I pay for it later.)

I drank large amounts of homebrew for the past two games, and the Wings won. Guess I'll have to do that again.

Between your nacho winning streak, and my homebrewed drunkenness winning streak, we should secure a 3-0 series lead tonight. Right? :D

TB

I drank large amounts of homebrew for the past two games, and the Wings won. Guess I'll have to do that again.

Between your nacho winning streak, and my homebrewed drunkenness winning streak, we should secure a 3-0 series lead tonight. Right? :D

TB

+ I was wearing my Abdelkader jersey. Every time I wear it they win.

If you can get it on your computer, you should be able to stream it on Justin.tv and set up your "channel" so it is private and only those you give the access code to can see it. If you make it public they will almost definitely take it down. Sometimes you'll see an NHL stream on there but not to often any more.
In it's early days that was my go to site for the Wings.
Now I've got HD cable and high speed Broadband with gamecenter, so I can see just about any and every game I want. The only ones I don't see are ones on the NHL network.

I just loaded the software for the Haupauge card in my work computer. I might take it home and play with it tonight to see what I can do. I've never actually used the card to capture video.

My wife's comptuer also has a capture card. It's an older ATI all-in-wonder, and their software had a nasty habit of breaking for no apparent reason. I am not sure if it is even working right now.

Hopefully I can set up a stream and if so I'll let anyone know who wants to check it out. I have no idea how good the quality will be though.

Hmm... Initial tests indicate that this might work. Although I don't have a source video, the server seems to have been viewable on another workstation on the network. Now all I have to do is to test at home with the Dish Network input, and map an external IP to this machine...

This could be nice, since I don't have a TV in my computer room and sometimes it would be nice to be able to watch a Wings game while I'm playing WoW with the guys...

I just loaded the software for the Haupauge card in my work computer. I might take it home and play with it tonight to see what I can do. I've never actually used the card to capture video.

My wife's comptuer also has a capture card. It's an older ATI all-in-wonder, and their software had a nasty habit of breaking for no apparent reason. I am not sure if it is even working right now.

Hopefully I can set up a stream and if so I'll let anyone know who wants to check it out. I have no idea how good the quality will be though.

I have an ATI card with reciever on my desktop (4yrs old). I tried back then to stream it but couldn't get the sound to work. Played a little with it today and was streaming Fridays Chicago game on gamecenter.

Another option is ORB but with that as far as I know if you give someone access to the stream they also have some access to some of your files on the hard drive. You can limit it but not sure I would be comfortable doing that.

I have an ATI card with reciever on my desktop (4yrs old). I tried back then to stream it but couldn't get the sound to work. Played a little with it today and was streaming Fridays Chicago game on gamecenter.

Another option is ORB but with that as far as I know if you give someone access to the stream they also have some access to some of your files on the hard drive. You can limit it but not sure I would be comfortable doing that.

No, I won't be sharing files. I can get sound, but I'll probably have to run a patch cable from the sound card to the line in on the video card. I think that's how I had to do it before. We'll see when I get it home.

That was the most irritating thing to have to sit through.

The Wings are one of my favorite teams to go see play, But I can't begin to tell you how irritating it is to watch the Coyotes endlessly try to set up the perfect shot on goal, pass pass pass pass, never a shot on goal, out in front with the puck, attempt a shot? NOOO just pass it over to... wait, damn it there was a Wing there AGAIN, now they run the puck down and score yet again.

It is sad to see the Wings play a solid game just like always, and the Coyotes chase the puck around like little kids playing tag.

At least Glendale has a nice stadium to go see Disney on ice! Good riddance Coyotes, you can go crack under pressure in Canada.

Maybe they were too tired from packing everything up for the move? Or do they just not care because they are leaving anyway?

Back