wine(sake) flavor in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuBru

Reaction score
I brewed up a gallon on beer just a very simple lager for the hell of it forgot the recipe i used but i fermented with 34/70 @48-50 degrees steady for 2 weeks took a sample and there was no diacetyl i can detect it was dry and thin which is expected at this stage of the game, tasted green but malty so i racked to my 1 gallon keg to begin lagering..i wanted to see how it changes so i pulled 2oz of beer to taste on about day 2 of lagering..it tasted like sake and or wine..i was like wtf..will this dissipate? or is the pooch screwed?

If anyone can give some input i will appreciate it..the beer tasted good at racking dont know what happened

Wait, way too early to be deciding on how the beer is at this point. Depending on gravity you might have transferred too early too, but not worth worrying about when you should have 4-6 weeks of lagering ahead anyway.

Just wanted to make an update on this "problem" in case any one out there had the same experience...Let me start by saying pdxal was 100% correct..i allowed my beer to lager for 1 month and all the wine sake flavor is gone..its now starting to come together..im gonna let it go another month and by then im sure it will be amazing...so to sum it up let your lagers age you will be suprised how they change..i was ready to dump this batch a while back ..thank baby jesus i did not

Latest posts

Back