wine from juice adding fruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panewb

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if I make wine from juice like Welch, can I add in fruit as well? I remember I made wine when I was in Iraq using yeast sugar and 100% juice. But don't remember the ratio 's we used. That stuff was high octane and awesome wine.

make sure its 100% juice no high fructose corn syrup, i have a gallon fining now i used a gallon of white grape juice not wlechs but another one tht worked from giant, and a bag of frozen peaches and a bag of frozen mangoes. i put the fruit in a bag and added everything but the yeast because of the camden tablet. after 24hrs i stirred it up to make sure the sugars from the fruit had somewhat mixed in with the juice then took a reading and just added sugar in a couple of cups at a time re taking readings til i got to the theatrical alcohol i wanted i believe it was somewhere around 12% then i added the yeast an allowed it to frement for a week stirring it daily. i tested it again before racking it into the secondary fermentation tank. i was kinda following the peach wine recipe that was in the book that came with my kit from midwest supplies. im planing to start another with a darker grape juice as the base and use the remain berries i harvested this spring.

make sure its 100% juice no high fructose corn syrup,
nor any chemical preservitaves....ascorbic acid is OK, pasteurization is ok, but....avoid chemicals added, or it may not ferment.....Oh, but, of course you can add fruit to it, as desired......can only make it better, imho....as long as the fruit isn't chemically treated with whatever....

Back