Wine brewing suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home brew fool

Reaction score
I am new at the art of winemaking and my first challenge is rhubarb. Unfortunately I don't have any home brew shops near me except for 86 miles from my home town. I don't know what suppliers online are reputable. I have everything I need to get started except for the yeast. What online supplier sites are good, and what yeast should I use?

Label Peelers has really great prices for wine kits and supplies. They also ship dry yeast for free. As for what type of yeast for rhubarb wine I am not sure so I will let someone else take that one.

Hi Home brew fool and welcome. What yeast for rhubarb? That's a great question. I am making a batch just now and I pitched Premier Cuvee but I think you might use just about any yeast.

You could call the brew store that is 86 miles from your home and give them an idea of the temperature of your wine room and the ABV (alcohol by volume) of the wine you intend to make and how much experience with wine making you have had and if they are worth anything they will make a good recommendation. It may be Lalvin EC 1118 which is pretty much an all-purpose yeast.

Cotes Des Blancs is a great all-around winner with fruit wines. I always get up to 14% with it. Not too strong, not too weak.

I make more wine than beer each year, and I buy alot of my wine supplies from ritebrew.com. For rhubarb, I usually just use EC-1118, and it's turned out really nice.

Welcome to winemaking- it's a great hobby!

I've been buying from Home Brew Ohio on Amazon. I also keep it simple with just one yeast, and it's EC-1118. It's a fairly well on the hot side, but it tolerates a wide range of temperatures.

Most of my stuff I've been buying from Northern Brewer. I started getting into the hobby after getting supplies from North Mountain Supply. I haven't checked out the other sites listed in this thread but plan to.

Back