Will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludesbrews

Reaction score
I have about 2.5 gallons of cider that has been fermenting for months.

Will this process work?

1) pasteurize apple juice concentrate
2) add pasteurized ajc to the cider to get desired sweetness
3) carbonate with priming sugar

Thanks
Ludes Brews

if you add FAJC you will restart fermentation. In order to sweeten you need to stabalize, but then you cannot carbinate with priming sugar. You can either sweeten or carbinate. To do both requires pasturizing in the bottle - a whole different level of skill

And if I throw FAJC into the cider to sweeten, it will carbonate more than sweeten, correct?

And if I throw FAJC into the cider to sweeten, it will carbonate more than sweeten, correct?
If u sweeten with a fermentable you will reactivate the yeast and it will not stay sweet, it will get stronger until all sugars are eaten again. If you cap it off it will carbinate and could make bottle bombs. To sweeten and carb you must either sweeten with a non fermentable, (like splenda or crystal light) then carb or pasteurize.

Ok- so what I will do is sweeten it with a non fermentable, use the priming calculator to determine priming ratio, and bottle.

Back