Will this keg work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this because my friend gave this to me where a corny keg costs a lot more than free.

Well, ok.

So this is a 15.5 gallon sanke keg.

You would need a kegerator setup for a sanke keg and one that has room for it, obviously. Make sure its depressurized and lookup how to take the spear out to clean it and fill. Be aware that it is 15.5 gallons, now sure how big your batches are...typically I prefer my kegs with as little headspace as possible to avoid pushing oxygen into the beer.

Cheers

I do know this is a 15 gallon keg which isn't great. Like you were saying a lot of head space.
How would I depressurize it though? I looked up how to take the spear out and that seems pretty straight forward.

The depressurizing is probably shown in the spear removal. Simply depress the middle with a screwdriver or the like. Personally I'd make it into a brew kettle (15 gallon kettle for 10 gallon batches) and surf craigs for a deal on cornys. They can creep up for 40$.

Back