Will this freezer type work for a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this on Craig's list and I am wanting to get into kegging and converting a fridge or freezer into a unti to hold 4 five gallon kegs. Can anyone tell me if this unit below is the right style of upright frrezer to use? Are there any advantages of using a freezer versus refrigerator to make you own type of kegerator? I am just lookng to use a unit for kegging and not as an auxillary/extra freezer.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/app/1699632589.html

Thanks...Mick

I converted a freezer that looks kind of like that one, the only problem was the shelves are the actual cooling tubes, so i couldn't just remove the shelves i had to very carefully bend them up against the back of the freezer without cracking any of the tubing. I cant tell from the picture if that freezer is the same, might be something to ask the guy, all the Upright freezers i have saw have been that way. Here is a pic of mine, it should hold 4 once i get the co2 out of there. Oh yea and you need a separate thermostat, something like this Thermostat

Back