Will my bottles explode?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeWRX

Reaction score
Brewed our first all-grain NEIPA Jan 6 (9days in fermentor).
Wyest London Ale III yeast, 2L starter.
OG 1.060
Current gravity 1.010 today and ~1.010 yesterday (maybe slightly closer to 1.011?)
The Wyeast site predicts 71-75% attenuation for this strain, and i'm currently at 82-83%.

Is this safe to bottle tomorrow? The small amount of activity in the fermentor has me worried about exploding bottles. Every other batch i've let come completely to a halt before bottling.

The samples have tasted really good, i'd really like to have this one carb'd up for Super Bowl Sunday to share with friends but I can wait if need be.

I'd say with London III you're probably done at 1.010, but if there's still activity I'd swirl the fermenter to rouse the yeast, raise the temp a few degrees (if possible), and let it sit a couple days to be sure.

I'd say with London III you're probably done at 1.010, but if there's still activity I'd swirl the fermenter to rouse the yeast, raise the temp a few degrees (if possible), and let it sit a couple days to be sure.

I closed the door to the room where my fermentor lives yesterday which brings the temp from ~20-21°C to 23-24°C. I'll give it a swirl and a couple more days, thanks.

I closed the door to the room where my fermentor lives yesterday which brings the temp from ~20-21°C to 23-24°C. I'll give it a swirl and a couple more days, thanks.

I don't think this was necessary, I think your beer was done at 1.010, but it certainly won't hurt to let it get warmer for a couple days either. If your beer had any diacetyl, this would be considered a diacetyl rest for a lager.

Back