Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry boys, that isn't going to happen. She already has almost half of the garage. Plus she's a beer nut/lover and knows how much this room means to me.

On a brighter note, I had a brainstorm. I picked this up today for $150, and have big plans for it, although it will not be going in the brewshed. This monster is almost 6 feet long! Details later.;)

:eek::eek:

If you just used it for kegs, how many?

Photobucket is blocked at work. So I am using my imagination and picturing you with a 6 foot pitchfork. Tell me I'm close. :D

hmmmm, well since you can't see it I'll just say it looks like he picked it up at an er... "Adult" toy store. Yeah that's it :p

Brewery door is done. And yes, I just might leave it like this. The important side is finished.

DSCN2895.jpg

Wildwest,

What an awesome build!

I am starting a similar size brewery inside my barn/shop. I am curious what the dimensions of your build are? Have you posted a floor plan? Could you?

Thanks!

Wildwest,

What an awesome build!

I am starting a similar size brewery inside my barn/shop. I am curious what the dimensions of your build are? Have you posted a floor plan? Could you?

Thanks. I never drew up a "plan", so I whipped this up for you. It's a little rough, but gives an idea how I used my space. It's to scale, but you have to subtract your wall thickness, so it's a little tighter than it looks. Of course my walls are 9" thick.:mug:

DSCN2927.jpg

Oh my, this build just got a whole lot sweeter! I have no words for how nice these pots are. Electric brewing here I come!

DSCN2929.jpg

Did you buy those elements pre-wired, and where did you get them?

Sorry, because of the lack of civility on this board when it comes to electricity, I will not discuss any part of the electrical setup.

Oh my, this build just got a whole lot sweeter! I have no words for how nice these pots are. Electric brewing here I come!

My oh my, between your avatar and that picture, I can't decide which to look at. Too much sexiness for my brain to compute at one time. What size are those? (the blichmans ;))

Looking forward to seeing the rig build. You will love the electric system, even if it will kill you and everyone you know, twice. I know that I love mine; it makes brewing even more of a joy.

lol... I agree if you intend to do a "down and dirty" electric setup best leave it off these pages. However, if you are doing a full out e-build and want to do it right, this place is amazingly helpful and good natured. However, as illustrated by The_Pol, if you think your shat doesn't stink and do a bunch of stuff wrong, then the board will go ape.

Looking awesome!

lol... I agree if you intend to do a "down and dirty" electric setup best leave it off these pages. However, if you are doing a full out e-build and want to do it right, this place is amazingly helpful and good natured. However, as illustrated by The_Pol, if you think your shat doesn't stink and do a bunch of stuff wrong, then the board will go ape.

Looking awesome!

It's by no means down and dirty, and I didn't build it. It's a very simple functional design. And I politely disagree with the "good nature" of people here WHEN it comes to electricity. There are a lot of so called experts on here that are inflexible when it comes to e-builds. Hell, I was getting ripped when I posted pics of my electrical panel, and it wasn't even finished. And yes, there are many helpful people, and i'm appreciative of that. :mug:

This build keeps getting better!
This is completely OT, but what kind of wood are your floors? They look really nice in your blingmann shot.

This build keeps getting better!
This is completely OT, but what kind of wood are your floors? They look really nice in your blingmann shot.

Thanks. Their good ole home grown poplar. A little soft for a hardwood, but beautiful, especially if you like the naturally distressed look.

Boil test. I went with a uld 4500 watt element in the bk, and it looks to be more than enough. This is at half throttle, although hard to see, it's a good rolling boil with 9 gallons of water. Electricity rules, notice i'm boiling on a PLASTIC table, with the help of silicone trivets.

DSCN2941.jpg

Thats looking good! so will you be documenting the first brew day in the new brew-shanty?? it looks like you are quite close. fantastic build and equipment you have there!!!

Thank's everyone. Hopefully i'll be brewing in a week or two, my stainless brew table and sink are on the way. I'm going to do a starter wort for my first batch, so it will be usable even when I screw something up. I may try to video it with my laptop, but have never done anything like that before.

How long to get to boil and from what temp? I've been looking at 5500W, but 4500W sounds like it may be plenty.

From 90f to a good rolling boil in just over 30 minutes, which will be a lot faster with first running temps. That's plenty fast considering the time it will take to sparge and drain the mt. I have a 5500 in the hlt and it's wicked fast. I'm actually glad I was talked out of the 5500 in the bk, it's more than enough for 6 and 12 gallon batches.

Back