why was this thread deleted Tx. HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuckferrorists

Reaction score
I've sent a message to the "contact us" section at the bottom of the page and also 2 to Txbrew and have since received no response. I figured you may get this faster than you get a private message tx.

"Hi tx. I just got home from work to check my replies and noticed that a thread that I responded to after a year and a half of inactivity had vanished into thin air. The link was https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...?t=1316&page=3 and it was in the general chit chat section titled the current financial crisis. I found the post interesting and i don't know if a mod or administrator disagreed with the post or if it moved or if it was just an accident. Thanks for your response."

If a thread is unsuitable or goes bad then it generally gets moved to the mods area for storage/referral/discussion.

I can't see it and have not seen any discussion on it.
Sorry I can't offer more help.

Don't recall the thread? This was last year?

The original post was a spam from over a year ago. We recently got a message from someone that identified it as spam. I elected not to do anything because I thought it was funny.

So it wasn't me.

tx,

It was a thread that was started over a year ago and I found while trying to find a discussion on the economy. When I found that thread, I thought I hit the jackpot but then I as I read the reponses after it, I noticed that people took it as a joke instead of seriously dicussing it. I understand it was in the general chit chat area.

I didn't see how it was spam. It was a paper that a member of this board had written and placed in the general chit chat area. It was how he felt about something. Where else would you place it?

I actually enjoyed reading it and it seemed that almost everyone else didn't have the "open mind" that is preached so much around here.

Thanks for all ya'll help to hopefully bring that discussion back

big ole bump...

Any way of finding this thread guys? As Yooper said apparently one of ya'll deleted it. The things that were said in the thread don't seem much like a joke anymore. Hopefully if anyone had a prejudice against what was said, that person has seen the dark despair of our economy and its federal leaders and come to realize that we need MORE discussion not less. Please find this thread. I'm not sure what you can search for in your special mod CP, but maybe the number in the link I provided (1316) is a clue. Maybe it is thread number 1316. Surely it must be somewhere in the bowels of this website.

THANK YOU ENDLESSLY for your effort in helping me.

It was a very well written article about the state and future of our economy before the typical American realized where we were headed. I believe it was long enough that it warranted two posts, and before I had a chance to reread and take notes, it vanished into thin cyberspace.

We got a mod alert that the thread was spam on 02/07/08.

It was spam in this respect: The user opened an account to post a single focus issue on our beer forum. User had no prior beer posts. Regardless of the content, we consider that spam I elected NOT to delete it because it had been up for awhile, the user never posted again and I thought some of our user responses to it were funny.

Sometime afer that some other mod or the admin must have deleted it, as probably I should have. We don't allow people to do drive-by posts like that. Again it has nothing to do with the content.

If you remember anything about the post other than the title, I bet you can google it. It seemed like a serial post and I'm sure its on a number of sites.

Incidently, if you subscribe to posts, you might have some of your reponses in you email. Perhaps enough to reconstruct what you are looking for.

Back