Why so foamy??!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idrinkstuffnthings

Reaction score
Ok so I had a keg of beer that I kegged at 11 psi at 37F. It was pouring pretty good after 2 weeks on the gas. I shut it off for about 10 days and then turned the gas on at 11 psi and poured a glass of pure foam. And now every glass is foam. What would have changed??? This is makin me sad as I'm not keen on flat beer.

how long has it been on the gas again? just a guess, but I'd say maybe it needs time to reach equilibrium again.

maybe try it after a few days on the gas, as if carbing a new keg. will keep you from fixing any imaginary problems. if still flat after 4-5 days, i'd say start actively trying stuff. (what kinda stuff, I dunno :) )

I think I get ya. Was less than 11 psi in the Keg. So I was pushing with a higher psi then the beer was at? Does the loss of equilibrium suggest my keg is leaking ? It wasn't totally flat. Just all foam comin out. I killed the gas and vented a bit. It poured nice then although a tad slow.
And thanks for the reply.

If it's foaming, it should'nt be flat, most likely it's over-carbed. Bleed all the pressure off the keg 2 or 3 times and then set it back to your serving psi and you should be good to go.

Latest posts

Back