why does my beer taste like butt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please tell me the caps weren't on when you added the final "flavors"...could be painful.

Butt beer, huh? Must have been a brown ale. Or, if you happen to swing that way, a nut brown ale. Eww.

That reminds me of dumb college kids that try to get drunk faster by applying some kind alcohol to the, um, anal region. Gets right in through to the bloodstream without that pesky stomach having to hold everything. Kids these days.

2 months start to finish and you will be in love with your beer.It will love you too.

My beer came out fine, the reading was low because it was not mixed good enough. Taste like beer now! no ass flavor at all :)

Butt beer, huh? Must have been a brown ale. Or, if you happen to swing that way, a nut brown ale. Eww.

That reminds me of dumb college kids that try to get drunk faster by applying some kind alcohol to the, um, anal region. Gets right in through to the bloodstream without that pesky stomach having to hold everything. Kids these days.

eewwwww ouch!

My beer is a lot better now. I actually had to reopen the bottles and re-carbonate because it was flat. After the re-carbonation was successful the taste was not so bitter and ass-like. After all of this i realized what i did wrong.
I read the wrong directions as the kit came with a book on beer and a sheet of paper that had a step by step procedure. I of course followed the books vague procedure ment for any type of beer.

What i did wrong was: put the beer into the carboy with priming sugar and leave it there, did not rack it and added a cup of can sugar because of the low gravity

All in all it taste pretty good, and has a nice head!! Cheerzzzzzz

Ha ha ha did they move this thread or did it just get dubbed here too! ha ha, even funnier if it did.Glad it turned out for you. Patience= less paranoia.

My beer came out fine, the reading was low because it was not mixed good enough. Taste like beer now! no ass flavor at all :)

i was just reading threw this whole post and thinking, why the hell has no one said this. glad everything worked out for you.

the beer was lackibg carbonation so i shook it up in the bottle and when i opened the bottle the head stayed there as if it was alive,.

Lmao....what are you doing man???? shaking beer is never a good idea, carbonated or not.

This thread is perfect, thank you OP, thank you all, laughing is good for our health! haha

Just read all 10 pages start to finish and laughed my a$$ off. The person in he cube next to me looked and laughed at me laughing at this. How odd that instead.of.using a normal description ( tastes thin, chalky, bitter, sour) the person goes right to butt.....enoug from me. I will now attempt to be productive at work. Glad your beer came out good. Possibly call it Ass Pale Ale. Hell i call my light beer rotten crotch light!

im gunna name all
three tries of my batches of beer, 1st yeast farts beer, 2nd celery beer, 3rd dry heave beer b/c that would describe the taste of home brewing for me at this time and nothing like my sam adams..lol

currently tweaking my methods

Back