Why do I not use Centennials more often?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
Brewed a Centennial RyePA today, and when I opened the bag of hops my nose went straight to heaven! Like I was standing in a peach orchard thats was blooming like crazy! I haven't done a beer with that hop variety in a while and every time I do it reminds me of why I should. Love me some centennial hops! That is all!

I love Centennials. They are my go-to along with Simcoe for my hoppy American IPAs and APAs. I used to like Amarillo a lot, but I burned myself out on them so I haven't used them in a long time. Stil a big fan of Cascades as well.

I love Centennials too. I am brewing an all Centennnial IPA right now. Half way through the boil.

Mmmmm Centenial.... I dry hopped an IPA with some probably was one of the tastiest IPAs I've done to date!!

Peach blossom? I get a lot of lemon. Funny how everything smells and tastes different to different people

Centennial and Cascade are the hops that I use most. I am still trying to get the incredible aroma that I experienced with a Long Trail Pale Ale. I have the flavor close but I am still working on the aroma. I made a lot of flameout addition in the last batch. My LHBS guy thinks that it might be accentuated by in house yeast production.

I have also recently depleted my 1 pound inventory of Cascade.. Time to get some more.

After Citra, Centennial is my favorite hop. Simco is up there as well. Was thinking of doing a batch using all three coming up.

Have my first Two-Hearted clone in the keg right now :)

....and have a batch of BM's Centennial Blonde in primary. I concur this is a good hop :mug:

Just dry hopped my own Two Hearted Ale clone yesterday. New to the obsession but now know that I love Centennial! Wondering what would happen if I used some Citra along with some Centennial next time. I don't know of an analogous commercial beer but might try it to find out!

After Citra, Centennial is my favorite hop. Simco is up there as well. Was thinking of doing a batch using all three coming up.

I just did a stellar IPA using 14% alpha citra, 13% simcoe, and 10% cents. 5 separate addition times.

It smells like god farted in my fermentation chamber.

Just took my first post fermentation Hydro reading tonight... Smells unbelievable, and I literally drank the entire sample... Flat, cloudy and green and its already UNREAL! This is likely going to be my best beer to date and I will be sharing the recipe! That is I anyone is interested in a simple RyePA brew!

I have 4 Hop bines in my garden.....all Centennial, and for good reason.

Great fragrant citrusy hop that can't go wrong.:mug:

Back