Who's brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowltonm

Reaction score
What has everybody got in the works this weekend? I'm starting my RIS - 14lbs Maris otter, 6.25lbs specialty grains, 13.25oz hops for 115 IBUs and a 5.5 gal batch...just getting done with the decoction, going well so far!

12 gallons of house ale. Been sparging for almost an hour. Its going to be real light colored.

David :)

I bottled 5 gal of Robust Porter last night, getting ready to start a Phat Tyre in a few minutes.

Brewing an Amarillo IPA, and bottling a brown ale and a scotch ale. And harvesting some yeast. And cleaning some bottles. And studying for the Colorado State Bar Examination.

I'm working on a 5.5 gal. batch of English Special Bitter. I screwed up when ordering the yeast but I'm going ahead with Nottingham. Drinking a six of Wild Blue, it's damn fine beer.

I'm working on a 5.5 gal. batch of English Special Bitter. I screwed up when ordering the yeast but I'm going ahead with Nottingham. Drinking a six of Wild Blue, it's damn fine beer.

:off:
Tex, I know you wen to MSU, but you took the bar also? Are you an attorney? Just curious, my wife is an MSU and MSU law alum and an attorney and it looks as if you're about the same age. Never know, maybe you guys were classmates or something.

racking a barley wine from a few weeks ago and have a orange blossom honey ale in fermentation for almost a week. the honey ale krausen has lasted 6 days. any thoughts? normal?

I missed my OG by 3 points. Expecting 1.051, but ended up with 11.5 gals of fermentable wort at 1.048. Looks good so far. PItched 1056 at 65*f on 5 gals 3 qts. in the conical. I had six gallons, but drew off one quart to can for a starter. Cube holds 5.5+ gals. I put an ounce of cascades in the cube before filling it.

All in all a good day.

David :)

Tomorrow morning/early afternoon (depends how much tonight's work wipes me out) I'll be bottling my light ale (my first batch) and brewing a Scottish Ale 70/

racking a barley wine from a few weeks ago and have a orange blossom honey ale in fermentation for almost a week. the honey ale krausen has lasted 6 days. any thoughts? normal?

How long are you planning on aging that barley wine?

Had the best brew day today! Hit about 83 percent efficiency (expectantly) Im starting to get a real process down. Brewing again tomorrow as well!

Brewing an AHS ESB tomorrow as well as finally getting around to kegging my Pirate Ale that's been on coconut in secondary for about a month now!

If I can get the electric stuff done for my HLT, I'll be brewing a Hoegaarden clone tonight after dark.

With stealth, like a puma.

Just finished racking my Barleywine to secondary, then brewing the "Devil May Cry" BGSA from the 10-10-10 recipe discussion thread. Now I just have to clean up . . . ugh.

Hoping to brew my Scottish Wee Heavy tomorrow afternoon. Not quite ready for the jump to all grain but at least I've got my CFC and MLT finished!

Back