Who's brewing on Black Friday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
After a massive hiatus, I'm dusting off my equipment and getting ready to go out all on a ridiculous TRIPLE brewing day this Friday. I'll be doing a porter, an imperial IPA, and a Christmas wheat beer. The first two will be kegged for the upcoming holidays, and the third will be bottled for gifts. :) Pretty sure this is going to be a dawn to dusk affair. Anyone else have special brewing plans over the long weekend?

Sounds like a long (but great) day!

I was kicking around the idea of brewing. SWMBO and my buddy that I brew with both have to work. Might be a good time to pull out the old 5 gal equipment and go back to the kitchen stove for some ideas that have been on my mind lately.

The wife bought me a book published in England that has a bunch of recipes. I'm thinking of trying the King's Forest Porter.

The main plan is to bottle up a batch of Russian Imperial Stout that has been in secondary since late last spring. If it tastes as good now as it did when I racked it to secondary, this will be my holiday beer, both for drinking and for gifting.

I'm brewing an extract saison at future SiLs house for their wedding. Providing that a brew shop in Fort Worth is open between me arriving for Thanksgiving on Wednesday and Friday.

Planning on a centennial smash pale ale and a slightly modified unhopped version of brandonO's Graff. Hope I can make it by the brew store Wednesday.

Glad to see people doing something important on Black Friday.

I plan on brewing a centennial smash pale ale and a unhopped version of BrandonO's Graff.

Sorry for double. Crazy phone and ignorant user.

I'll be brewing up an AHS Belgian White for my wife while she's out Black Friday shopping with her mom. My FIL is sticking with me to help.

I need to. Had a "Friendsgiving" party this last Sunday which was the unveiling of my first batches of beer that I felt turned out perfect (all of my brews before that were good, but all had flaws of one sort or another). Had maybe 10 beer drinkers and we polished off 10 gallons. Now I am at least 2 weeks away from my IIPA being ready and have no IPA in the pipeline at all :(

I won't be brewing that day, but I have a tripel that needs to get bottled. Which will be interesting since it will be my first bottling experience. (Have always kegged)

I'll be brewing my IIPA.

I refuse to leave the house on Black Friday. It's the national holiday for the idiotic and senseless.

Pulling decorations/lights out of the attic and putting those up. Brewing a pale ale on Sunday. I will be getting a yeast starter going on Friday. Using my new stir plate!

I would like to brew on that day. Just have to see if I have to work that day. Thinking of doing some kind of stout, along with some kind of hard lemonade for the girlfriend. But like I said all depends on the work schedule.

I think I will get up bright and early and brew a bitter. Warminster Floor Malted Maris Otter to about 1.041, not sure on hops, maybe Calypso to 25 or 30 IBU, and ferment with WY1469. Made the starter last night.
Not sure about Calypso though. I had New Belgium Rampant the other night and got a huge orange-y flavor, similar to what I get when I eat an orange tootsie pop. Was not a fan. I know it wasn't the other hops in that beer, which were Centennial and something else not known to be orange-y.

I wasn't planning on it, but now you all have me thinking. I want to try a chocolate porter, may have to poke around the recipes a bit...

beersk said:
I think I will get up bright and early and brew a bitter. Warminster Floor Malted Maris Otter to about 1.041, not sure on hops, maybe Calypso to 25 or 30 IBU, and ferment with WY1469. Made the starter last night. Not sure about Calypso though. I had New Belgium Rampant the other night and got a huge orange-y flavor, similar to what I get when I eat an orange tootsie pop. Was not a fan. I know it wasn't the other hops in that beer, which were Centennial and something else not known to be orange-y.
I did an ESB with MO & Calypso FWH, fermented w/ Wyeast 1469. Got much more white & stone fruit from the Calypso/yeast combo, but a master judge said he got a hint of orange flower (?). I loved that beer--and so did my friends!

Maybe brew again on Friday but I will definitely be brewing an imperial stout tomorrow and hopefully bottling the tripel I did with my old man. Friday might be a citra pale ale brew

Glad to see so many others going for it on Friday. I also have no interest in descending into the madness of the crowds. We have throttled back on our initial enthusiasm a bit and are only doing a double brew day. We're holding off on the IIPA until I get a little practice in and knock off all the rust. So it will just be the porter and a regular wheat beer, two simple and delicious recipes we used to do all the time.

Well, I had not planned on brewing on Black Friday but that's a damn fine idea.

Sometimes the company declares a day off that Friday. If so, there is an Amarillo Ale in the future.

Double brew day for me! Double mango ipa and Russian imperial stout that's going into a barrel project my HBC is doing. Should knock it out in 7 hours

Bigtime sale at my local LHBS, I foresee a new fermenter or two, some other random equipment, fill a growler or two, and brew two batches of my favorites.

Just bought out the LHBS of kegs so I can keg my smoked porter and start an English mild, kolsch and another not sure what yet.

ONE of the two local home brew supply shops is open this Friday, so... I'll be brewing.

Picked up grain today to brew some more Deception Cream Stout on Friday. I have a black IPA that should probably find its way into a keg that day too ...

After a massive hiatus, I'm dusting off my equipment and getting ready to go out all on a ridiculous TRIPLE brewing day this Friday. I'll be doing a porter, an imperial IPA, and a Christmas wheat beer. The first two will be kegged for the upcoming holidays, and the third will be bottled for gifts. :) Pretty sure this is going to be a dawn to dusk affair. Anyone else have special brewing plans over the long weekend?

Hell of a way to get back into it. :rockin:

I was originally going to brew on black friday but I've got a chance to go asking with my mom so brewing can wait a week.

I'm brewing one of my few set recipes that I make, a nice robust porter. Probably one of the first of my recipes that I really liked.

Yep! Doing a bourbon and oak aged Barleywine.

Old Stone Sleeper
English Barleywine
Partial Mash (11.00 gal) ABV: 11.82 %
OG: 1.115 SG FG: 1.026 SG
IBUs: 53.6 IBUs Color: 20.5 SRM

Back