Who wants free beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePote

Reaction score
You know what they say, If it sounds to good to be true... I would like to send a couple people a bottle or two of my not so tasty brew to help me figure out where I went wrong. I made a Brewers Best porter extract kit (the first brew I ever made) a couple months ago that is just off. For the most part you can taste what is supposed to be there but there is a horrible overpowering off flavor/aftertaste that obviously is not. It dosnt really fit the description of any of the off flavors In my research. Of the 50 beers I bottled I painstakingly (sort of) drank about 30 so far. Most have been bad, some have been ok, some terrible, but the off flavor was so bad on the last two that I dumped them, and I don't dump beer. I cracked one open before typing this post to try and describe the off flavor and coincidentally this is probably the best bottle so far. I would be happy to include a bottle of tasty commercial brew as a reward for your efforts. If possible I will try to pick something from the make a six pack rack that you cant get in your area or take a request so long as I can get the guy at the store to put it in the make a six pack rack ($10 or under for a sixer). Obviously I will pay the shipping. If you are willing to help and can provide a somewhat educated guess on where I went wrong please PM me and I will probably be able to ship them Friday or Saturday. Thanks for the help.

What do you use for mash/boil/ferment/bottling?

How long was it in the fermentor?

Sometimes the yeast are old and past their prime. Was it an older kit?

I PMed you back. Not sure if it was an older kit. Bought it from the LHBS so I guess it could have been. I have a hard time remembering what happened two days ago nevertheless details from two months ago. Thanks for the help.

Ive got two people to send beer to and am good for now. Thanks to everybody who considered helping me out.

Back