Who is Smashed Right Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im just on my first now, going down well! Will be three sheets to the wind in about 5hrs, its been a hard week.

After last night and this morning, I'm getting started early this afternoon.

Last night I discovered that who ever replumbed my house with copper pipe forgot to do the hot and cold pipes to the kitchen sink. I discovered it when the cold valve broke off in my hand. $1700 for two new water lines.

This morning I discoverd a nice pool of antifreeze under my jeep. The bottom hose as a pretty good drip coming off it. As soon as the plumber finishes, I get to take that P.O.S. in to get a new hose. I'd do it myself, but my forearm is too big for the hose hole that leads to the engine block.

So I'm killing the four hours it is going to take to install the water lines by "sampling" my orange-mint mead. Tastes great, but a little cloudy.

Ive been on a little hiatus from drinking. Not only am I on a testing schedule at work right now(14 hr days) Im detoxing and giving my liver a break. But my birthday is in a week and plan on really tying one on then.

Klainmeister said:
Drunk as snails. Just ended a relationship with a best friend of 5 years. Betrayal is a *****.
Rough dude. Drink some water, pop a couple aspirins in the morning and to hell with a dude who can't honor the man code

Did I mention I have plumbing problems?

This morning, bathroom sink drain is leaking. Plumber can't get here until Wednesday. I think its time to go find a couple of my 9% Grand Crus.

****ing 69-year old house with cast iron piping!

I'm on the way to being smashed. And I have 5 gallons of porter on the stove de-alcoholifying as we speak. Uh oh. I should probably stop drinking now if I wanna bottle that tonight.

I did not get nearly smashed enough last night. Good thing I have the next 11 days off work... I can make it 16 days if I use some vacation. Tempting.

Time to go to Radio Splat for some more stirplate parts. Back soon, then returning to drunkville, I think. :D

Getting close to smashed. I wouldn't be, except I'm trying to get rid of a case of Michelob Ale and Lager Sampler that SWMBO brought home the other day, and this swil is so bad you have to wash the beer down with Tequila. :mug: :drunk: :tank:

Jesse17 said:
Getting close to smashed. I wouldn't be, except I'm trying to get rid of a case of Michelob Ale and Lager Sampler that SWMBO brought home the other day, and this swil is so bad you have to wash the beer down with Tequila. :mug: :drunk: :tank:

That's too bad, I saw that at the store and was hoping it would be good. Guess I'll just have to skip it now :D

Just cracked open my first can of High Life.... Wanted to brew today, never got to it. Need to finish roasting my pecans, ain't done it yet. Wanted to be USING my stirplate for yeast cultures today - instead, I'm at 10+ hours working on my stir plate and I still don't know what I'm gonna do to make this work... so p!ssed off right now that I'm seeing red, and was driving about 55 the entire way (in town) to Radio Slut and back..... sounds to me like.... It's Miller Time.

That Samichlaus was gross. I read all kinds of online reviews saying it was nice...one even said it tasted like Jagermeister. Ha! I wish. But yeah, I was pretty well done after that some other Belgian ales. I've been sick(and dry) all week and now that it's going away, I had myself a tall can of PBR. :p Probably won't have much else. Real exciting for a Saturday night, huh?

Oof. I was right - I was so drunk I didn't even remember to come post back here.

18 of the 30 cans of MHL are gone - I remember drinking at least 10 of those. Also had a minor casualty, I left a bottle of the Apfelwein in the freezer and forgot about it. Grolsch swing top is now an Apple Ice Cube. No breakage though.

Time for some hashbrowns to help me recover. And english muffin, and egg. Mmm mmm good!

Edit: *beeeelch* Much better. My roommate helped me piece together what happened last night - Did UCLA win or lose?
Edit 2: They lost. BYU blocked their kick. Nice.

DSCN0806.jpg

Hash browns with Ketchup FTMW! Eggs are a bonus, but you're missing the bacon/sausage!

I mixed and fried some scrambled eggs in a tanker load of bacon fat last week and I thought I was going to barf. :cross: I didn't, but damn! That was a breakfast to remember!

i've got a good buzz going. it's 2:30 AM. i'm gonna get pretty lit before i goto bed in the next hour. i don't have any specific plans for what time i'm going to join the party tomorrow, so screw it

:drunk:

Brew Runner said:
Hash browns with Ketchup FTMW! Eggs are a bonus, but you're missing the bacon/sausage!

We're out of both. We've been trying to use up + run out of groceries, had too much random crap stuffed in the fridge and the freezer and the cabinets and the ..........

Yeah, we did xmas with the inlaws tonight. Got a little drunk...everyone else is in bed, I'm still up. Drinking cider. Yummy cider.

Christmas with the in-laws early tomorow morning. I gotta get a good enough buzz to last til noon.

All the presents are wrapped .. swmbo still asleep ..

3rd bomber of 6.5% Brown Ale away .. surprised I can actuallu communicate on this board .

Last night I got pretty toasty. I locked myself out of HBT because I couldn't type the password.

No hangover, thankfully. I got to the point of happy buzz...then drank lots of water before sleep. *grin*

I wish you the same hangover luck tomorrow morning. *salute* Drink one (or more) for me. ;) I start a new job in the morning, so no indulging for me this evening.

Tried a noew hangover cure the other day. I read somewhere, (probably here), that if you drink a tall glass of pear juice before you get smashed it dilates the blood vessels in your brtain & won't let you get a hangover.

Sounds like crap, I know, but I did it and it worked.

Back on topic, I'm at the in-laws waiting to do the gift exchange. Been waiting for several hours for various reasons and I am thoroughly $hitfaced. Yeehaw, where's the pear juice?

Does Old Granddad 100proof count here? Ran out of egg nog and beer. I DO like the Grandaddy though and am getting pleasantly smashed and listening to some fife and drum tunes.

On a side note I drank a six of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale last night- very nice!

Merry Christmas to all

JW

Just polished off my last keg. And the next one won't be ready to drink for uh... 2-3 weeks (it's an APA that is still only about 8 weeks old.) :(

Everyone was raving about the wassail last night though. Basically an apfelwein plus a little blackstrap molasses during fermentation, plus cinnamon, allspice, orange zest, and dark brown sugar during the mulling stage. There were many people proclaiming that a new tradition had been begun!

got a bottle of glenfiddich 15 year for christmas. Drinking a little of that with some session ale homebrew. I'm almost ready to pass out. Merry Christmas.

Yep....smashed now.

6 bottles of Chimay Grand Reserve = bad idea but omg also a good one....

Shoot me tomorrow morning

EDIT: Now 7

Wound up smashed last night. The half-bottle of lime gin and the 6'er of Shiner Bock (yuck) caught up with me all at once, and I went to bed at about 8:45p. Lame ol' me.

Side note: I was expecting a LOT more of Shiner Bock, especially after reading the history on the label and such.... but honestly, it tasted like a brown-colored Budweiser. Just kinda.... disappointed, it's not BAD, but it's not great.

The 6'er of Guinness Extra Stout though, well.. you can never go wrong with that stuff. Gotta love the hi-octane shiz.

Latest posts

Back