Who is NOT going out for St. Pats day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
I am not..
to many people..to many drunks..to many check points.

A few years back I was stopped at a check point and blew just under the legal limit and let go. Seance then I avoid going out St. Pats day and Thanksgiving eve. two holidays that bring out the drunks and the police.

Lamb steaks are on the grill and Caribou slobber is in my glass.

We've built a bonfire and are having friends over for beef stew and my IPA. There will be low-key revelry.

After church I'm coming home...I avoid being on the road during amateur drinking holidays such as this. Going to make an Irish Bangers and Mash recipe I found using Conroy's Irish Ale, drink some stouts, and probably watch The Quiet Man and The Commitments.

Not going out as well!

Since my wedding is in 2 months an 9 days from tomorrow I will be completing some errands pertaining to the wedding an then heading home for a nice quiet dinner.

I am getting OLD

I have no interest in the **** show that is St. Patty's day. I'm from a pretty Irish family and I find the drunkenness of this weekend to be obnoxious.

After an early trip to the gun shop and the brew store it be corned beef, cabbage and taters into the oven for a slow 5hr roast. Hmmm maybe I'll finally brew another beer if I can find all my stuff

Tomorrow is my 23rd wedding anniversary. This year will be low-key (we just buried our 15 year-old Lab/Siberian Husky mix and my wife is still pretty broken up). Usually we go out to a restaurant that doesn't have a St. Patrick's party - think Chinese, Mexican, steak house, seafood, etc. We're also old, so dinner is early and then home early.

Not. Working tonight, but i found out last year that st pats is the best day to be the sober one. I had more laughs at all the crazy drunks than i ever thought possible.

i'm part irish, but whoopee. me and my mexican neighbor best friend will be having a few stouts out of my tap, playing pool in the garage, and staying the hell off the roads

After church I'm coming home...I avoid being on the road during amateur drinking holidays such as this. Going to make an Irish Bangers and Mash recipe I found using Conroy's Irish Ale, drink some stouts, and probably watch The Quiet Man and The Commitments.

One of my all-time favorite movies! Great idea!

I like to avoid amateur hour as well. I will be drinking Kilkenny Irish ale and brewing a yet-to-be-determined beer. I'm sure I'll think of something during my LHBS visit after church...

staying in as well. on call for work so can't get drunk. accomplished instead:
1. haircut. haven't had one in like 4 months
2. cleaned garage. still lots to do
3. made a yeast starter with WLP004
4. made a 0.5 gal variation of JAOM (first time)

I can't stand to be around theobnoxious drunks like I used to be. Staying home and making beer.
The last time I went out for this was an early start, met up with my friends at 7am. First thing I see is a guy projectile vomiting upward onto a flat screen. No thanks.

I'm not Irish, not Catholic, and not an engineer so nope for me. Corned beef sandwiches with the family and maybe a little Guinness and Jameson later.

JonM said:
I'm not Irish, not Catholic, and not an engineer so nope for me. Corned beef sandwiches with the family and maybe a little Guinness and Jameson later.

Wait...what does being an engineer have to do with it? I'm 2/3 so I guess I should be going out...

St. Patrick is also the patron saint of engineers. My favorite radio station is the college station for our local engineering school. They remind us of that all day.

Haven't been out for St.Pats in close to 20 years. I have some Irish ancestry, but I'm an American. Not Catholic, or religious at all for that matter. So, it is just another day. With 7 beers on tap and a crap load in bottles.....I don't need a reason/excuse to drink!

It's all about good food and lots of beer. Got that all at home. It's safer, and much less expensive. Plus I've been up all night browsing these forums, so I won't have the energy come evening.

Always looked at St. Paddy's day and New Year's Eve as amateur nights and I consider myself a professional. So it's drinking at home for me and it will probably be low key at best. Went to Suwannee (GA) Brewfest yesterday and hit it pretty hard.

I am 1/2 Irish and catholic but I didn't go out for st. Patrick's day. Holiday's are always amateur night for drunks.

I went out for BBQ; drank two beers; changed oil in my suburban and my wife's car and installed a new CD player in my Suburban yesterday.

I don't really go out @ night except for maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I get up early so I'm more of a day drinking kind of guy.

Got a 3 pound corned beef if the crock pot with some taters...threw in a Guinness and steam some cabbage later. Drink a few HB Stouts and eat good...that's my plan. Not goin' out.

The big parade and drunk fest in Dallas was yesterday, I went kayak fishing instead. I went out last year and had a good time but fishing is more relaxing.

I have 2 midterms next week, a seminar to give, plus I am teaching a class and have to prepare for 10 hours of lecture over the next 3 days..... Not only am I not going out for St. Pat's, I'll be lucky if I survive to see Wednesday!

537669_10151346698054067_1636980227_n.jpg

Bangers and Mash with onion/ale gravy made with GLBC's Conway's Irish Ale. The mash has garlic, course mustard, and Dubliner cheese.

I'm not going anywhere. Visited my favorite craft brew store, had a couple of homebrews, washed my truck and am staying in. I have to work tomorrow, I'm not getting crazy :)

I caught a little buzz brewing today, made a green beer by crushing a citra pellet in a bells midwestern, thought it would help it out a bit.

The food and brew dont get any better than here at home in my opinion! Duck confit double baked garlic bacon potatoes and 5 kinds of homebrew are enough for me and the fam! :mug:

Cheers

Back