Who is Brewing Memorial Day Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
Post when and what you are brewing this weekend!

I am brewing Saturday......Centenniel Blonde......

My cousin and his adult (early 20's) sons are coming up to partake in the brew session as a learning experience because they want to get into homebrewing......more homebrew addicts to be born tomorrow! :ban:

Haven't brewed in 5 months, but will finally be brewing this Saturday. I'll be brewing a Pineapple IPA.

I am taking the following week off. I have several recipes started, I might brew a couple. Then I have the week after that off also, so maybe another batch or two.......

Pale ale with cinnamon.
another pale ale?
Brown Eyed Girl version 4

I'm brewing right now on Friday, took the day off. It's a chocolate porter. I'm trying to use up all my odd bits of grain before summer really get's started.

Very early Monday morning a D-IPA, before the rest of the house wakes up! I hope to have it done and cleaned up by about 8 AM. I'm doing an Extract recipe for the first time in years to cut some time and clean out some supplies.

If anyone has suggestions on a recommended hop schedule to achieve a citrusy bold double IPA, help me out:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=582285

I hope it is a sunny midwestern day, I have a fridge stocked with some Green Flash Tangerine IPA, Surly Extra-Citra Pale Ale, and Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn DIPA, and a Toppling Goliath Zeelander IPA bomber. Going to dust off the hickory wood smoker for a mini rib-fest with some neighbors.

Very early Monday morning a D-IPA, before the rest of the house wakes up! I hope to have it done and cleaned up by about 8 AM. I'm doing an Extract recipe for the first time in years to cut some time and clean out some supplies.

If anyone has suggestions on a recommended hop schedule to achieve a citrusy bold double IPA, help me out:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=582285

I hope it is a sunny midwestern day, I have a fridge stocked with some Green Flash Tangerine IPA, Surly Extra-Citra Pale Ale, and Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn DIPA, and a Toppling Goliath Zeelander IPA bomber. Going to dust off the hickory wood smoker for a mini rib-fest with some neighbors.

Here's the Pliny schedule for 5 gal extract,

.25 oz Amarillo in steep, 10ml hop shot at beginning of boil, 1 oz Columbus (45 min), 1 oz simcoe (20 min), 1.5 centennial and 2.5 simcoe at flameout (steep 15 min),

Dry hop #1 - 1.5 oz Columbus, 1 oz centennial, 1 oz simcoe (10-14 days)

Dry hop #2 - 0.5 oz Columbus, 0.5 oz simcoe, 0.25 oz centennial, 0.25 oz Amarillo (4-5) days

Cheers

Brewing Cream of Three Crops on Sunday. Getting up early before the family wakes up. Should be done by 11 am or so.

Excited for two back-to-back batches on Sunday with my lady. First up is a blonde ale with honey malt that we've made before and was very popular amongst our family and friends; and second is a big IPA with a classic American citrus-and-pine hop bill (on a fun side note, this will be the first beer we've ever fermented with Conan yeast)!

Cream ale, probably tomorrow, to be ready to go on my nitro tap as soon as my keg of dry irish stout kicks. Then a Sam Adams Boston Ale as soon as the primary is available again.

I am brewing a SMaSH tomorrow AM. I plan to take my time and let the brew day last a while.

Hoping to get a Dortmunder done on Monday. have way too much crap going on around the house... ain't that what long weekends are for ... :confused:

Was going to brew Saturday, but holding off till I get my fermentation chamber, because my basement temps are too high and I don't want to ruin a batch. But I'm off all week, so I'll be doing two brews after the holiday, a Black IPA and Caribou Slobber. But I will be bottling Sat or Sun.

Brewing the galaxy rye ipa recipe i found on this site sunday, with my son while the girls go have their own date.

Brewed an APA today. 10 gallons of chinook to bitter, Mosaic to finish. Form the sounds of it everyone in my brewing disorginazation is brewing the weekend. Got to get the pipeline robust for the 4th, because 'Merica people.

I'm brewing an Oktoberfest for a party in September. 10 gallons with a single decoction.

Here's last year's party:

20150919_175348_zpsho44fv6v.jpg

and last year's beer:

20151023_151528_zpsvew9fyv4.jpg

Decided to try my hand at brewing an altbier yesterday. Brewers Best extract kit. Hopefully the next brew I will get to play with real grain, just got a brewing bag not too long ago.

Brewed Yoopers house pale with Amarillo instead of cascade on Saturday. Smoked brisket on Sunday and smoking ribs today

Back