Who has something worth celebrating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKchill

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sooooooo...

I was playing some Halo tonight, and while I was beating down the Red Team with the hammer, I was wondering what I had to celebrate about. Well, my 4 year old is 18 days past the deadline to start school, but she is getting in to kindegarten:ban:! No more ****ing child care payments! Her mother and I are actually getting along for the first time in a year. I was told today in a meeting with my bosses boss that he sees his replacement in me. There is a local sportsman's show going on this week. A friend of mine recently told me that she could see us being "potentially more than friends." And finally, its only two months until spring up here!!!! So, after a brutal two month span of nothing but bad news, darkness, and stress, I was finally handed a good week. This might be in the top three weeks that I have ever experienced as an adult. Anybody else have some good news to share? And for those who do not have good news, I will do my best to send warm positive thoughts to you and yours at least once a week.

Oh yeah, my pipeline is finally in somewhat full motion. I have 10 gallons ready to bottle, 5 in my primary, and a case left over that is ready. Plus, I have a porter and some more Apfelwein to brew this weekend.

I'm alive. Reason enough to celebrate as far as I'm concerned. Spring is in full spring here, though for many it is just begininng. Great time of year.

No good news here, but then again no bad news either. I guess that's cause for celebrating, eh?

As Austin said, I'm alive and winter is nearly over. I finally got off my ass last night and bottled some mead. I have a cream ale in the secondary and it's Friday!

Only 4 more weeks in the classroom before I hit the clinic floors for the next year! I am so happy to be getting off my butt and out from behind a desk and get to do some more learning-by-doing and less read-and regurgitate :D

What is this "winter" that some of you speak of?

Anyway, my Michigan State Spartans are in the Final Four, that's reason for me to celebrate!

I have much to celebrate- one is a good job, but I'll be going very part time or retiring when I want.

I have good health, money in the bank, and a great marriage. I never run out of beer. I have a cottage on a lake, 80 acres of wooded land, and a comfortable place in town. I have everything I could ever want, and I'm so thankful for it!

I have much to celebrate- one is a good job, but I'll be going very part time or retiring when I want.

I have good health, money in the bank, and a great marriage. I never run out of beer. I have a cottage on a lake, 80 acres of wooded land, and a comfortable place in town. I have everything I could ever want, and I'm so thankful for it!

Yoop's got it made!

I could wish for a sheet of ice to knock a puck around on.

I have a lot to celebrate!

1. Today I am going to the first-ever Mets game at Citi Field (weather permitting) with my father. We went to the last game at Shea Stadium, and being able to go to the first game at the new stadium is a big deal for me.

2. Tomorrow (Saturday) is my birthday. I will spend the first half with my family on Long Island, take the ferry across back to Connecticut, and am having dinner and drinks with all friends who are celebrating something of their own as well. Oh, and dinner is at a great Irish pub in the area.

3. Monday, my wife and I are closing on our house. The process was long and arduous, and we are very happy to be at this point.

4. I am able to brew my own beer.

Well, I've been sick the last few days, but spring is beginning and I just graduated a quarter early from college so I'm spending this quarter working, brewing, and playing video games. Also, I spent last week in Yosemite and blew way too much money, but my birthday is coming up on Monday (and I'm still young enough that I get a decent amount of money sent my way) so that should help replenish the pool a bit. And of course I still have my amazing girlfriend by my side (she has been taking care of me during this cold/flu thing). All in all, life is good. :)

lets see. . . I'm going camping this weekend. visiting family later this week. on spring break. got to sleep in today and finally got off my butt and did my taxes!

celebrating my mom's birthday tonight and glad that even though she appears to be losing her battle with cancer she's managed to hang on for another year

Brewed with my brother last night and he informed me that he will be moving out of his apartment and into a rental house in June! We've been brewing in his apartment for the past year and I'm so happy to be moving the brewery to a real house. No more hose attached to the bathroom sink, fermenting in the living room or worrying that the management company is going to come around and put an end to our brewing fun (I'm pretty sure all the burners and propane tanks that are currently on his balcony are against the rules).

So, I'm thankful for a basement, a two car garage, a fenced in private back yard, an actual water hose hookup, space and most of all...that now we can have a grill and eat meat when we brew. Looking forward to June!

Back