Who else will give in to the temptation on Thanksgiving???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang...at the in-law's farm in Iowa. They're all at the Aunt and Uncle's house down the street. Miles couldn't take a proper nap there so I recommended we take him back to the farm and I'd hang with him. Football, HBT, quiet time. Everything a guy could want on T-day.

2:30pm Just checking in. Just me and SWMBO today. Cooking a prime rib (if we have any room after snacks) Let's see, what's the total so far...

Too many snacks
1 Tom & Jerry
1 Hornsby Hard Cider
1 Budweiser
more snacks
3 shots tequila
2 hrs. of d^%king around with SWMBO's horses
more snacks

SWMBO still wants to cook the prime rib, but I think if we have a couple more shots, I can get her to wait until this weekend. I already cooked a big turnkey breast because SWMBO wouldn't stand for T-day with out left over turkey sandwiches.:tank:

I'm at work. This sucks. :( Oh well, SWMBO's got the cooking duty.....I get to come home, throw back some homebrew, and sleep in tomorrow;)

Basted with a whole stick of REAL BUTTER. Yeah Baby! :rockin:

ThanksgivingTurkey.JPG

Time to break out the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!

Damn Edwort, everything you cook looks good. My bird has got another hour or so.

West coast hasn't started yet. ;) Just finished bottling from the tap to take over to the family. About an hour till we need to be there.

McKBrew said:
Damn Edwort, everything you cook looks good. My bird has got another hour or so.

Thanks, but that's SWMBO's work. I only did the basting. I am a lucky man and my waistline proves it. Time to get back to the gym. :mug:

11:07pm, Pacific Standard time; Aftermath.

PC shut off all day, and only one Heineken and a Sunkist orange soda screwdriver to ease the torment. Neither were that helpful.

Back