Who else will give in to the temptation on Thanksgiving???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
That is...the temptation to excuse yourself from your family to go "check in" on HBT.

C'mon you hardcore...regular...can't rip yourselves away for one day...fellow addicts...

Can you go cold turkey? Me thinks not...

...see you Thursday friends...

See you right after the turkey and pie.

Cheers

This is why my wife insists on taking me to a place with no internet access, also known as my mother-in-laws house. That's right, absolutely no way to connect to the internet, not even with a wireless card (believe me, I have tried). So I guess I'll catch you guys on Friday; hope the food is good!

I will be here off and on, you can't get rid of me that easy.

BierMuncher said:
That is...the temptation to excuse yourself from your family to go "check in" on HBT.

C'mon you hardcore...regular...can't rip yourselves away for one day...fellow addicts...

Cold turkey, good one:cross:
See ya tomorrow, fellow no-lives.:D

BierMuncher said:

I am sure I will, I check it when I wake up, more from work & more after work.

no family here... just me & SWMBO... hell, even the neighbors are all out of town... gonna sleep in late, watch some TV, surf the web (including HBT), play some video games, then stuff ourselves...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Choices_-_Beer_Taps.jpg

Gobble Gobble! Happy Thanksgiving friends! Working right now, but home later, and will be checking in. Hope everyone has a great day! :mug:

Ize

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Here are a couple of beers for ya!

7985-JWLees.jpg

7985-Cellar.jpg

Me and the little guy are off to a friends for T-Giving Chili, Hope everyone has a great one.

Cheers

I am sitting here trying to waste time as I wait on my family. They are currently 1+hours behind schedule...ahh... this is what the holidays are about.

I'm supposed to be cleaning up my office and I'm on here trolling for new posts...
Maybe If I'm not so lazy I'll take some pics of the 26lb turkey on my Charbroil 5 burner (basted with Sam Adams Winter).

11am here, 1 Tom & Jerry, and way too many snacks down; many more to go. Wish me luck, I'm already stuffed. I guess I'll have to cut down on the snacks and focus on the drinking.:mug:

BierMuncher said:
I had the misfortune of inheriting the SWMBO's tradition of a late T-Day dinner. We don't sit down till 5:30. :eek:

Yep, me too. The 20# bird just went in the oven. WTF am I gonna do for the next 5.5 hours...:tank:

cnbudz said:
5:30? That's pretty early for my family, we usually start between 6 and 7 but the beer and wine flows all day long
I grew up with a 2:00 tradition. Left time for a good meal...a few drinks...a good nap and time to start all over again later in the evening...

Nothing big for us today. Just me, the SWMBO and the kids and an 11# turkey. We'll probably eat dinner between 4 and 5.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been checking in today.
I even brewed (extract) this morning-A nice smelling Irish Stout; I just pitched the yeast.
Dinner is at Mom's around 4:00.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Just woke up, and started the holiday by plowing the driveway... we got about 6 inches overnight... now time to sit down and check my email & surf HBT... then I think I'll get started on dinner... we're gonna stuff ourselves, then sit in pain on the couch and get drunk the rest of the evening...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back