Whiskey Barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA_Mouse

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I finally ordered a barrel from Woodinville Whiskey Company. They are the ones that advertise on the AHA website and Zymurgy magazine. 15% off through the end of the month was more than I could stand. Emailed them to get an estimate of the next shipping date, they responded within 20 minutes and told me that my barrel will be dumped on November 2nd and shipped within 24 hours.

Now my thoughts... I will eventually be doing sours in this barrel, but it is still going to need a few batches run through it to pull the whiskey from the oak. I'm going to do an Oatmeal Stout tomorrow that should be ready to transfer into the barrel the day it arrives. I've read 2 weeks for this first beer is all it takes, then a month for the second one.

I just did a Red IIPA, a Belgian Blonde and a Porter. Suggestions for the second beer going into the barrel? I was thinking an Amber might be nice...

Recently had a 3 year old barrel aged barleywine that my brain is still recovering from. Damned yummy!

Back