whirlpool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guidos858

Reaction score
OK, so I'm getting that whirlpooling has to do with hopstands and getting the trub to form a small "cone" at the vortex of the whirlpool allowing the wort to be siphoned off leaving the trub behind.

Is "the whirlpool" a piece of equipment or is it a process performed with the equipment you already have? Can someone please direct me to a thread where this is discussed. I can't find any definitive answers and it's making me CRAZY :eek:

How about using a long spoon to stir the wort in a circle until you have a vortex, then let it sit until the hops are in a nice cone? Um, how many ounces of hops are we talking about? With my typical hop schedule, I don't bother separating them, just dump everything into the fermenter and let it settle there. The hops settle first, then the yeast, with the beer on top. I can rack the beer off the top of the yeast to bottle or keg. That way I don't lose any wort left in the pot with that cone of trub.

whirlpool is a standard Electronic item company. The hops settle first, then the yeast, with the beer on top. I can rack the beer off the top of the yeast to bottle or keg.

Latest posts

Back