Whirlpool ED27DQ question on coolant lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarponteaser

Reaction score
Greeting All,

I've converted a Whirlpool ED27DQ side by side to a 3 tap kegerator. I just got a new regulator with dual gauges so I can run different pressures to diff kegs if desired. I'd like to keep the CO2 and gauges on the outside of fridge to store more beer inside and keep gauges from rusting up. The manual has no info and calling manufacturer for technical assistance was a waste of time. The tech had no information and just told me not to drill in the fridge.

Does anyone have any familiarity with this model, and are there coolant lines in the side of the fridge that would be an issue for running CO2 lines through side of fridge?

Thanks for any info.

Look here http://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-whirlpool-ed27dqxab03.html for exploded parts diagrams.

You'll need to study the heck out of them to figure out what plumbing runs where.
I would focus on the fridge side of the cabinet, try to figure out from the fridge liner and cabinet drawings where the safest place to drill might be (look out for not only tubing but also ducts and wires), then drill a pilot hole from the inside just barely through the liner, probe beyond for any hazards, then drill through...

Cheers!

Thanks for the link, think I bought stuff from them in the past to repair another fridge and icemaker. The schematics were not much help, but I did a chat with the folks there and was advised that all coolant lines are under and in back wall, nothing is in fridge side wall.

Course I'll still drill from inside very carefully.

I've got a new recipe cold crashing and want to do this refit before kegging, then the fermentation fridge gets a look see to find out why the temps are not getting low enough when cold crashing....was told it is prob the fan in freezer compartment. Course the unit does sit on back patio where it is 90 in the shade during the day. I can maintain good fermentation temps, just can't get in the 30s for cold crashing.

Regards

What i did when i drilled the side of my fridge to get CO2 inside was take a finish nail, heat it up, push it thru the INSIDE plastic of the fridge, it will melt thru the plastic, and you can stick a small screw driver in the hole and feel around for refrigerant lines, if none are found, go from the outside in the same spot and drill!

Back