Which yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Grubb

Reaction score
Making a NEIPA tomorrow. I had London Fog planned initially, but the starter was really slow taking off, and I thought the yeast may have been too far out of date and ordered Hornindal kviek.
The London fog eventually took off. Never used the kviek strain before.
I know both are probably good choices, but which strain would be best to use on a different recipe now that I have extra?

Kveik might be more versatile if you don’t know what you want to make next. London Fog is typically used in a more narrow range of styles in my experience. I wouldn’t worry, not like the Homebrew FBI will arrest you if you use a yeast not necessarily within style. Use whichever one you think would be most interesting to you tomorrow.

Either split the batch and use one yeast in one and the other in the other one. Or use one yeast now and then brew again, the same recipe as soon as you can, and use the other yeast. Then compare and see what you prefer?

It’s all personal taste. Experiment!

Latest posts

Back