Which tool will cut a Deep Socket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotched

Reaction score
What dremel cutting attachment do you use to cut into a deep socket?

I have a hefty 13/16" deep socket (for my pin-lock posts), and I bought some cutting discs that only managed to take a few bites before breaking.

If you're breaking wheels you need to practice some. I use the cheapest ones that come in a tube of 25 (or something). Try cutting a nail in half the long way. You should be able to do that with one wheel. Then try getting in the tight spaces.

If you're breaking wheels you need to practice some. I use the cheapest ones that come in a tube of 25 (or something). Try cutting a nail in half the long way. You should be able to do that with one wheel. Then try getting in the tight spaces.

I would not recommend the cheap tube of disks if you can get other. The frustration from breaking them repeatedly is awful.

Granted, I might be doing something wrong, but man I've broken a lot of them. Angle grinder works in most places... I avoid the dremel like the plague.

I would not recommend the cheap tube of disks if you can get other. The frustration from breaking them repeatedly is awful.

Granted, I might be doing something wrong, but man I've broken a lot of them. Angle grinder works in most places... I avoid the dremel like the plague.

They shouldn't break with the right technique. The only thing I don't like about them is they wear out a lot faster, so I have to change them a lot more often.

They cut well if fed straight into the work, but any twist and they're history. I find that putting two of those cheap (tube of 25) disks side by side on the mandrel cuts down on my breakage rate considerably.

Back