Which model love controller for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eppo

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a love controller in my keezer to replace the analog one i have. i've seen people use the TS series, the TS2 series, the TSS2 series, which one should i use for my keezer? i was thinking abou the TS, that seems what others have gone with, but why are the TS2/TSS2 cheaper?
I want to replace the analog, and use the analog to control another fridge that i'm going to be fermenting an oktoberfest that i'm brewing in march.
thanks.

i wound up ordering the TS, seems like what most people have been going with.
Cant wait to hook that bad boy up, and get my other fridge set to 50F for my Okoberfest Lagering, from March til October!

I just got my hands on a 7cf GE chest freezer and am starting my keezer build tomorrow. I will also be in need of a love control and had the exact same question, but you beat me to the punch. Where did you order your TS from and how much was it. Thanks! :mug:

Thats where i got it from, but its $75, not $65.

I got it the other day. I'm brewing an oktoberfest, and i'm going to use this for the fermentation, in a regular fridge. i'm going to build one of those contoller boxes using the radioshack project box and the outlet. i would be fine if i just slip the temperature probe wire between the door and the fridge? after fermentation is complete i'm going to use the controller for my keezer.

Are any of you guys really good with the electronics side of things? I'm ordering the Love controller TS model for temperature control over my keezer. I haven't a frickin' clue how to overide the existing thermostat controls. If any of you guys could offer some "how to" advice or point me in the right direction on HBT, I would appreciate it.

I also went to HD this a.m. and was looking around the heating/cooling department. I found 4" booster fans for in-line duct installation. They are called the Inductor Booster Fans and are 80 cfm. I was thinking about using a couple of these to cool my coffin on top. I was going to cut two 4" holes through the bottom of the coffin and the freezer top one at either end. These fans are already mounted in 4" ducts. I was going to have one side be the intake for cold air from the freezer chest and one as an exhaust to circulate out of the coffin and back into the freezer.

I guess I'm wondering if this is overkill? Is there anyway to wire them to a speed controller to slow them down? Is there a way to tie them into the Love controller, so that when the freezer compressor kicks in, they come on? Should I wire them to a seperate thermostat inside of the coffin, so that they kick on as needed to keep the coffin temp constant?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but this is my first go around with thermostatic controls. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys. :mug:

Back