Which Micron Filter to use for German Pilsner? Will I lose carb from Pressferment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cshulha

Reaction score
HI guys I have German pilsner that is going to be ready to go to a keg but this batch has alot of sediment and its a bit too cloudy. I also brewed it under pressure and have a good bit of C02. If I put it through a filter will I lose my C02? Which Micron filter should I put it through 5,4,2, or .5 micron? I have a good hop flavour and aroma i do not want to lose. BUt I want a diamond bright beer.

HI guys I have German pilsner that is going to be ready to go to a keg but this batch has alot of sediment and its a bit too cloudy. I also brewed it under pressure and have a good bit of C02. If I put it through a filter will I lose my C02? Which Micron filter should I put it through 5,4,2, or .5 micron? I have a good hop flavour and aroma i do not want to lose. BUt I want a diamond bright beer.

I sometimes run a carbed beer (under pressure) thru a 1 micron filter with no apparent loss of carbonation. I like the 1 micron size but others like various sizes.

Back