Which eHERMS controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the grounded and it's great quality

Nice, I was looking at the ebrew supply controller and really like the emergency stop feature. But not for an extra $500. When I'm ready to order I think I'll reach out and see if they can add that feature. I like the look of the Grounded cbrewing controller as well, and those PID's look amazing.

Nice, I was looking at the ebrew supply controller and really like the emergency stop feature. But not for an extra $500. When I'm ready to order I think I'll reach out and see if they can add that feature. I like the look of the Grounded cbrewing controller as well, and those PID's look amazing.

Just for my learning...what about the PID's is impressive?

31esp76NjfL.jpg
Omron-E5ACCX1ASM800.jpg
Just for my learning...what about the PID's is impressive?
The Omron brand PID's have a cleaner look to them compared to the Auber which has been the standard. Auber does have a long history of quality though, not sure on the Omron, but it isn't the most expensive part to replace if needed.

View attachment 600014 View attachment 600015
The Omron brand PID's have a cleaner look to them compared to the Auber which has been the standard. Auber does have a long history of quality though, not sure on the Omron, but it isn't the most expensive part to replace if needed.

Also check out the E Brewing Supply PIDs. Its whta they use in all their controllers and i've never heard any negatives about the controllers, therefore the PIDs must be top notch as well. I love the extra large display and simple layout
https://ebrewsupply.com/collections/pid-controllers/products/ebsp200-pid-control-unit-ssr-output

I'm intrigued. Do you have experience?
I just got mine set up a few months ago, I like it a lot. I got the Hosehead 5BC for my 20 gal eHERMS system. Ive done 5 brews on it and its pretty slick; it's cool controlling the pumps & elements from my iPhone or laptop. My set up has a small glitch (most likely a fluke), but Corey (the owner) is working with me tirelessly to trouble shoot it, I couldn't ask for better customer service...

Back