which burner to get

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmd

Reaction score
I currently do all grain stove top full boils and looking to start brewing outside. I am going to continue to make 5 gallon batches. I am confused on which burner to get. I there is Blichman and Bayou. If I were to get a bayou, which one should I get? There a few versions.

I use the bayou BG14, which is basically the same burner from the Blichmann. You are buying a different stand with each though, and the price difference is pretty big.

I purchased 3 of the 10" stand-alone burners from bayou to mount on my rig, so I didnt need a stand. They put out serious heat and are quieter than the jet burners.

Quite a few people, myself included, use the Bayou Classic SQ14. I do 5 gallon batches and have no complaints. Very stable, plenty enough power, and $50 delivered (amazon).

It's a matter of price vs. quality / features. I have brewed on a cheap turkey fryer burner- it works.

I upgraded to a Blich for my MT, it saves gas, heats faster, is highly adjustable, super high quality.

The large banjo is 2nd, IMO, and a whole mess of burners below that. Homebrewfinds has deals posted regularly, I'd wait to find one on sale.

Back