Which beer brands labels come off easiest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulietKilo

Reaction score
When buying 22oz beers cooperative labels are a big part of my choice. Here in VT Harpoon is a good one, it's decent beer sold at every mini-mart and the stickers float off in water leaving no residue. But there are too many to test them all. Any opinions?

New Belgium tends to glide off for me (at least the 12 oz'ers; don't remember how Lips of Faith bombers go).

The absolute easiest I've come across is New Glarus, but alas they're not exactly readily available to anyone outside Wisconsin.

Sierra Nevada are fairly easy if you soak them in hot water first. You'll want a clean scrubby to get the sticker residue off, but it's fast and easy.

Rogue are impossible. Stupid superglue labels.

Labels from Left Hand Brewing are paper and pretty much fall off after a soak in hot water.
Sapporo labels also come off fairly easily if you're looking for larger bottles.

Thanks all! I've seen a few of those around here. Sierra is everywhere. And yeah Guinness bottles are the best, no glue at all, just a quick razor slit and they're off.

For 12oz bottles I have found Sam Adams, Dogfish Head, Founders and Sierra Nevada all come off easily when you soak them in Oxiclean or PBW solution. An over night soaking most of the labels just fall off or rub off easily.

For bombers the only one I have had luck with is Hoppin Frog (Akron, OH I think).

Back