Where would you grab a beer in Seattle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillhousesawdustco

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Title is fairly self explanatory. Going to visit a lady friend and looking to sample some tasty NW brews. Her place is actually very near Elysian & McMenimans locations on Capitol Hill so I'll like try to walk down there one evening (afternoon? morning?.

Anybody have any other recs? I'm particularly interested in checking out some nanobreweries, as I've never actually been to one and would like to check 'em out and have heard that Seattle has several.

Thanks.

Just make sure you try Mac and jacks African amber. Or really any Mac and jacks. They should have it on tap at most bars (they don't bottle it). It is an amazing beer and I have been really missing it since I left Washington almost 6 years ago. I've missed that beer so much I made a clone recipe that I have in the fermenter now.

Do you have a link to your recipe. I live in Washington, but don't get to go out drinking as much as I used to, would like to have Mac and jacks on tap.

If you make it to the Eastside, Bellevue Brewing is a must. Also check out places like Bravehorse Tavern and Noble Fir, they have tons of taps of local brew.

Brouwer's Cafe in Fremont has a pretty stellar tap selection, and excellent Belgian style pommes frites.

One of my favorites is Feierabend, a German pub with a great selection of German beers on tap (and good food).

Elysium is a good choice, it's a couple of blocks away from Ferrari of Seattle in case you want to do a little window shopping before grabbing a pint :)

Tap House Grill on Pike Street downtown has over 150 craft beers on tap and amazing food. Definitely worth checking out. Plus, it's right by Pikes Place Market and the Pike Brewery.

Back