Where to drink in Puerto Vallarta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honus

Reaction score
Wifey and I are headed to Puerto Vallarta at the end of next month. We'd like to know if we can grab some craft beers in town, or a maybe just a good bar. Anyone got the scoop for us?

That's funny, we're going to be there the first two weeks of Feb., can't wait.
There's a bar on the beach, down at the end of the malecon, there's also a place on the hill that has a pretty nice view.
I don't remember ever seeing any craft beers, but there is a tequila factory/distillary in Pitillal.

The place on the beach is called La Palapa

The place on the hillside is called Vista Grill, here is a link & pic:

http://www.vistagrill.com/index.htm

07.jpg

I've been there a couple times, never saw a craft brew. However, there are several places on the beach that serve Pacifico or Negra Modelo by the bucket!!

During my trips to Mexico I've never seen too much in the way of craft beers. I would reccommend picking up a bottle of Havana Club Rum. This Cuban rum has a light smokey flavor that I particularly like, a rauch rum perhaps? Anyway I'm envious. Have a great time.

Just got back and it was awesome! We stayed at Hacienda Alemana. They have a great restaurant and a selection of German bier - the owner, Michael, said he likes to keep about 6 German selections but that they change occasionally as distributors go in and out of business.

Here's what was available for our trip:
4319184036_b6071f7156_b.jpg

Just got back and it was awesome! We stayed at Hacienda Alemana. They have a great restaurant and a selection of German bier - the owner, Michael, said he likes to keep about 6 German selections but that they change occasionally as distributors go in and out of business.

Thanks for the heads up, will have to find that place.
How was the weather, looks like it has been raining lately.

There's a Grupo Modelo brewery right in Puerto Vallarta, so if you can get Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo or even Corona on draft, it's very, very fresh. Even Corona in PV was pretty drinkable- not skunked or off at all.

Thanks for the heads up, will have to find that place.
How was the weather, looks like it has been raining lately.

The weather was outstanding. Only two cloudy days and no rain!

At Hacienda Alemana they have a buffet on Wednesdays and Saturdays. All you can eat, plus all you can drink draft (Corona and Negra Modelo) for $225 pesos. Great deal!

http://haciendaalemana.com/

They're on Basilio Badillo, just west of Insurgentes.

The weather was outstanding. Only two cloudy days and no rain!

At Hacienda Alemana they have a buffet on Wednesdays and Saturdays. All you can eat, plus all you can drink draft (Corona and Negra Modelo) for $225 pesos. Great deal!

http://haciendaalemana.com/

They're on Basilio Badillo, just west of Insurgentes.

Yep, know exactly where it is, will hoist on sunday, thanks again.

25 bucks? You can't beat that with a stick! Wish I were there.

Latest posts

Back