Where to buy mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holiday_hawk

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any chain stores that sell mead? The only place I've been able to find it is in one tavern, but I don't want to go to it every time I want a glass of mead! I've looked at Kroger and Wal Mart, but didn't see any. I've checked some of the craft beer stores around here, but couldn't find any there any there either. Where do you guys buy it?

Not hard to find around here, your location might help others help you.

And the logical question is why are you not making your own, there is a process on the forum that will have you going in a month.

Cheers!

You need a liqour store. One with a large wine section will be the best shot. Grocery stores seem to only carry Chaucer's, if the carry any mead at all. Chaucer's is not the best. Texas meads are the best.

Not hard to find around here, your location might help others help you.

And the logical question is why are you not making your own, there is a process on the forum that will have you going in a month.

Cheers!

That's true! I live in Athens, Ohio, which is in southeastern Ohio. I've thought about trying it, but I haven't gotten the courage to make anything besides beer yet.

My local Total Wine had about a half dozen varieties on hand.

I found a nearby, nice-looking wine store today that I've never heard of before. It's closed today for New Years, but I was planning on stopping there tomorrow to see their selection. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have mead.

Mead is technically a wine so it should be in the wine section if a place deems it worthy to sell. Up in New Hampshire there's 2 pretty decent sized Meaderies so at some of the more local oriented shops you'll find them there.

The Whole Foods by my house carries a whole 2 brands, Moonlight and San Francisco. Not the best selection but better than nothing.

Back