WHere to buy malt/hops/etc...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could start with the threads in the "similar threads" box below, or in the other hundreds of threads in the beginners section asking the same question over the last few weeks. Most of those threads will have all the links you need.

:mug:

"You could start with the threads in the "similar threads" box below, or in the other hundreds of threads in the beginners section asking the same question over the last few weeks."

Lol yeah I realized that as soon as I posted the thread

Hops = Hopsdirect.com (should buy at least 3#'s at a time)

DME = Midwest Malt Supply (50# Briess Extra Pale is an amazing deal)

They charge $33 for a 50 pound bag of 2-row.. unfortunatly they also charge $51 to ship it... it sucks grain dont get the shipping deal most places offer.

Yeah but for us extract guys: Even in smaller quantities 7-10lbs the LME works out to be 2.30 per pound. That's like getting the bulk price without actualy buying the bulk amount.

Go LHBS and if you can, negotiate the price. They will usually waive any shipping and you WANT to keep these guys in business. Unless the are terrible.

I bought a 50# bag of DME from NorthCountry Malt Supply a few weeks ago, ended up being $2.40/lb after shipping to NE Ohio.

Ah, I found brewmasters warehouse. Do they offer a price cut for buying in bulk?

If you are looking for bulk GRAIN, you live in IL... you can get #55 sacks of grain at Midcountry Malt up near Chicago for $27.

Back